Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilting Christmas List

Blog Entries
    Last year I asked for a gift certificate to my LQS. I got a larger certificate than I expected - it paid for a long arm class and 2 extra hours using the shop's long arm! I will ask for LQS certificates again this year, but I would really like to have a vintage Singer 301! (Seriously doubt I get that.) But, as always, I am grateful for whatever I receive!
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Blog Entries
    Wow I am such a fabric horder and gadget girl I just have a running list beside my computer. Left out for anyone to see lol...But for me even though it would be great to get some of those things on my list. I just want peace and health for my family....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
    I don't have anyone to buy me nice quilty gifts for Christmas, since my divorce. But I am seriously considering dropping by my LQS and asking them to make me up a "Surprise package" for a set amount of $. How sad is that?
    I think that is a great idea. Since my divorce 33 years ago, I buy myself the nicest presents -- I never have to return anything and the colors are always perfect.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

I'm thinking maybe an Ottlite floor lamp that could be used for either hand work or next to my machine.
    marcia

To be a good sewer, you have to be a good ripper.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    I would like one of the rotating cutting mats, every size Twister square in production, X block square, a large gift package of Aurifil threads in neutrals and fabric, fabric, fabric. I nice size gift certificate to my LQS would be great too.
    I just bought a small rotating mat set at Joann's when I had that 30% entire purchase last week. It handles 7" blocks and came with the 18mm rotary cutter, 2-1/2" square ruler and a 1" x 6" ruler. It was $26.99 then 40% off sale, then 30% off that with that coupon. So this little set ended up costing around $11.

I used that mat yesterday and love it !! So, I think I'll put the larger one on my Christmas list. He asked me about mine just the other day too...
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!
    ​Have a Great Day !
    Vicki G
    https://www.facebook.com/vickigdesigns
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VickiGDesigns

Blog Entries
    Wow !! I am so content that I really have nothing materially related. Now I would ask for all my fAmily and friends QB included in the friends and family to,have a most blessed and peaceful Christmas with blessings through out the year!

Last year my daughter gave me two bottles of Best Press and two larger refill bottles. Love it. She couldn't believe how excited I was to get the stuff. This year will be so different. One daughter and family are going to Costa Rica during Christmas break and I will be staying at their house dog sitting. My other daughter, her husband and her daughter are not great celebraters of Christmas. So I want to think of something different to do, something out of the box, so I won't feel so bad about not having our traditional Christmas.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    OH heck just give me a gift card to the local LQS and Jo-Ann's -I'll be happy to go spend my Christmas monies there !LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

I'll ask my wonderful husband for the same thing as last year, and the year before that, and the year before that......a WIFE !!
    Hey....he has one.....why shouldn't I ???...... someone to do the cooking, cleaning, laundry, gardening, errands, etc -- and i could just quilt and play with the grandkids !!!!!
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Me... View Post
    My request this year isn't quilting related. I want a new supersonic whippity do lens for my camera. I have everything a quilter would ever need, so I don't ask for quilty things. (Of course, he has everything a blacksmith would ever need, so he doesn't ask for blacksmithy things...) My only other wish is that we would have all six of our children home for Christmas. Hasn't happened in over 10 years.... :*(
    Oh, I wish that, too, for you! I know it would be my best gift!

Quote Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
    I'll ask my wonderful husband for the same thing as last year, and the year before that, and the year before that......a WIFE !!
    Hey....he has one.....why shouldn't I ???...... someone to do the cooking, cleaning, laundry, gardening, errands, etc -- and i could just quilt and play with the grandkids !!!!!

Be careful what you ask for!

Blog Entries
    gift certificates to Fabric.com!!
    Stephanie in Mena

Quote Originally Posted by mme3924 View Post
    Be careful what you ask for!
    This was my laugh for the day!!! Wouldn't it be fun to just SIT and SEW almost all day instead of working around the household duties?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by owlvamp View Post
    I asked for my very own home with my very own room for crafts.! LOL
    To owlvamp - YES, YES, YES My own home for many, many reasons! My one and only dream, hopefully it will come true. At 70, you just wonder if dreams will come true anymore.

Blog Entries
    I think that's a great idea. My sister, who is divorced, buys herself a Christmas gift every year

I don't have anyone to buy me nice quilty gifts for Christmas, since my divorce. But I am seriously considering dropping by my LQS and asking them to make me up a "Surprise package" for a set amount of $. How sad is that?
    This isn't sad! It's smart. Even though I have a DH, he's a terrible shopper. I usually wind up just telling him what he bought me. Now if he wants to buy me a long arm setup, I wouldn't be upset, but I may as well wish for a Boeing 747!

I think I just bought my Christmas gift. While at the Georgia Quilt show, I bought a new Pfaff Expression 2.0. I love the 10" harp and the beautiful stitches. I'm going to sell my Pfaff 2056. It's a great machine too, but the harp is 6.75". I have quilted on it, but 10" is much easier.
    jean

What a great idea Krista.
    Annie

Quote Originally Posted by kathbug View Post
    Wow !! I am so content that I really have nothing materially related. Now I would ask for all my fAmily and friends QB included in the friends and family to,have a most blessed and peaceful Christmas with blessings through out the year!
    Wishing the same for you, Kathbug, and for everyone on QB and families and friends.

My Christmas quilt wish list..hmmm Well i have started a fabric stash, some Kansas troubles and Summer Breeze(??), the yellow brick road pattern, some bobbins. I have asked for some Hobbs 80/20 Batting from Connecting threads. Secretly pinning for a Janome 6600MC, would love to have the larger throat. Don't get me wrong I love my Pfaff...I would like a stash of Aurifil thread or Superior threads...I would really like to have some good ideas what to get my Dh who has everything he truly wants and he doesn't want much of anything.
    To: Mimibug and all those divorced...it gets better, I promise. Go get that thing you would never expect to get yourself, and get it! Something that helps smile, helps you know you love you. Seriously it works!

A gift? You mean I should get a gift? Hubby doesn't think of things like that anymore. Seriously, he doesn't - it's a medical thing.....

If I want something I either drop a VERY heavy hint to our sons/DIL's - but so far that hasn't worked. I'd like a ride in the horse drawn carriage they offer during the "season" downtown. I've asked for that for 3 yrs. Hasn't happened yet.... Something more lasting? Oh holy cow, I would LOVE a HQ SweetSixteen - but that won't happen in my lifetime.

Closest to my heart? I'd LOVE to just have all our sons/DIL's/grandchildren under the same roof at the same time. Now THAT could happen!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I think that is a great idea. Since my divorce 33 years ago, I buy myself the nicest presents -- I never have to return anything and the colors are always perfect.
    I agree. I am also divorced (31 years) and I always get what I want for Christmas and my birthdays.

Blog Entries
    Krista,
    I too was more or less alone at one time and decided that I would invite all the "alone" people that I knew to spend the holiday (happened to be Thanksgiving) with me and my 3 small children. It was one of the best Thanksgiving days that I ever spent. In fact, I wound up marrying one of the "alone" men and we have been happily married for almost 40 years. Several of the folks that shared that day with us said later that it was the best holiday they ever spent. Consider sharing your day with several others as I did. We had "family for a day" of all ages, from 5 to about 85 and it was GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Tothill View Post
    Last year I got fairly expensive wrinkle cream, I guess I am looking too old for him.

I'm sitting here with a split gut and tears running down my face! I was laughing so hard my husband wanted to know what was funny. I told him if he ever buys me wrinkle cream - expensive or otherwise - as a present he'd better start building himself a nice doghouse for his permanent residence.

I'm just trying very hard to imagine what you could buy your DH in answer to that. How about some nice hemorrhoid ointment?!

All this is off topic, so let me end by saying it would be good if we all could read minds, but since most of us aren't very good at it, maybe if the loved ones ask for hints we should leave some quilt and fabric catalogs lying around with bright red circles around certain things and lots of dog ears, and encourage them to browse and mark catalogs that appeal to them, too.
    Last edited by Rose_P; 10-29-2012 at 05:54 PM.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Mom3 View Post
    THAT comment cracked me up!

I realize you will have a professional give you both the inoculation, but my first thought was each of you standing there with a syringe in your hand waiting to give each other the shot.
    Mom3 -- you brought me to tears! Thanks. I needed that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast