Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting group >

Quilting group

Quilting group

Old 08-07-2019, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Waal View Post
quiltingshorttimer ----- we have a group at our church that also does donation quilts. I have a longarm, but I do not do any quilting on these charity quilts. Our ladies tie the quilts and it gives those that don't sew a job to do. We do have two quilting frames, so that does help. I think the ladies are expecting a lot from you if they ask you to quilt all their quilts. That's just my opinion.
thanks Waal--I'm mulling over how to deal with this. One complication is that there are only about 3-4 adults involved in this, the rest are young girls that are just learning how to sew. I'm considering inviting them out to my house and putting quilts on the frame and having them do the actual work--that way they can see how involved it is. But then I worry that will backfire and they will want to do it all the time! My time schedule is very tight between part time work and doing others quilts on the side. Sooo....think I'll just drag my heels on these stack of charity quilts and hope that they get the hint that it's a big time consumer!
Old 08-09-2019, 06:52 PM

If someone had an Accuquilt and didn’t mind you using it the squares would all be uniformly cut. Maybe one of those rulers with slits in them for making strips and you could make strip quilts