Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Quilting Groups - Are you in a quilting group?

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much for all your input. I belong to a quilting group but we do much more than quilting. Everyone brings something to work on (quilting, knitting, crocheting, etc) and we sit around and chit chat while we are working on our project. We also work on quilts for children attending Pre-K that might not have blankets to bring to school for their nap time. We meet weekly, but nothing organized, very laid back and enjoyable. We always have a time for show and tell on our latest projects.

I've always belonged to the local quilt guild, where-ever we lived but after going to the one here for a couple of years, I'd had all of them I could take. I won't bore you with the gory details but suffice it to say when you come to actually dread the monthly meeting, you know it's time to bail. Which I did. But my BFF was my quilting buddy so I was OK. But then she died from her cancer & I was solo again. That was super icky. But I found QOV & they're really nice. And then I stumbled on the board (I still don't know how I found out about this board) & I'm THRILLED to have so many WONDEFUL quilting buddies, even if they are online. In ways that's almost better (it's 3:15 AM & I'm "talking" to my friends!). I miss having people to sit around & sew with but you can't have it all, I guess.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Banned
    After reading about all of these groups, I am jealous. I am a new quilter and I would love to have a group to share and learn with. I will being a search for a group near me. So far this board is my source of inspriation, advice and instruction.

We have a group of six that meet each Tuesday and we have a large frame - taking turns to handquilt our quilts. Have been together many years. We rotate houses and sometimes we go to lunch. We chit-chat, catch up on our families, gossip, laugh and have a wonderful time. A real blessing to have these women in my life. Also take road trips from time to time and any quilt show that we can manage. We love handquilting as well as showing what we've accomplished each week with show and tell. LOVE THESE QUILTERS!!!

I am in a group that meets every other Thurs from 1 pm to 4 pm at our LQS. We choose a pattern and make something new each month. There are anywhere from 4 to 8 of us at each gathering and all of our quilts are so unique even though we work on the same pattern. We have a good time, sew, do a lot of talking, help each other choose fabrics, laugh a lot and exchange ideas and information. Great group of women and I hate missing a meeting when I have to. :-)
    Wendy in FL

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted I wish I had some ice cream.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2