Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: quilting ideas for the PaintmeJudy Mystery 18 ?

quilting ideas for the PaintmeJudy Mystery 18 ?

I did the Mystery 18. It came out great. I need suggestions on how to quilt it. I have a LA and have no problem coming up with the border and the sashing ideas and I am trying different patterns then I have in the past. (always learning something new or practicing that is.) But what to do on the star blocks??? I love to do free motion freehand feathers, hearts, swirls, flowers, leaves, paisley teardrops. But I can't seem to figure out what to do with these!!! Any suggestions? I do not like to stitch in the ditch and don't want to do each little 2-inch block separately. btw the quilt is already loaded and the top border is done so I need help quick. lol
    Thank you for any help in ideas.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-09-2018 at 02:24 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps

Power Poster
    ​Angela Walters just started a new tutorial on YouTube on how to quilt 9 patches with different designs. See if any of her ideas would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    Angela Walters just started a new tutorial on YouTube on how to quilt 9 patches with different designs. See if any of her ideas would work.
    great idea, Ill go check it out. Thank you

Blog Entries
    here's a sample of what the quilt looks like https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks...ml#post8037557
    it might make it easier to give ideas
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.