Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting machine >

Quilting machine

Quilting machine

Old 03-21-2014, 02:08 PM

Default Quilting machine

does anyone have or have looked into purchasing a

www.sunshine16.com ?

I saw this at at quilt show in Denver, Co 2 years ago. I would love any info you all can give
Old 03-21-2014, 02:51 PM
Power Poster

I researched this machine briefly some time ago. Ruled it out for me because it is a small, single-family company that makes the machine. There is no guarantee they will be around in 5 years if I am having difficulties. Also, because the company is so small, few people know about it which makes resale down the line much harder (for example, if I want to upgrade). Do they mention warranty information anywhere? I would be concerned about having to pay shipping costs back to the company if something went wrong with it.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:16 PM

Although there's nothing wrong with a family owned business, you should find out how long they've been in business and find some people that have an experience with the machine. The Bailey is also a family owned business, but they've been in business for quite a bit, their machines have good reputation and so does the customer service. They also have very reasonable prices and quite often have free shipping to the lower 48 states.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:13 PM

I have heard the name, not sure how many people actually have them. I would do as much research as you can.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
I have heard the name, not sure how many people actually have them. I would do as much research as you can.
LOL! The more I research the more confused I get. Maybe if I list what I want some one of you will have a suggestion. I already have a Pfaff expressions 2.0 with a 10 inch throat and that is what I do my FMQ on. I can do up to a twin quite easily and a queen is not TOO hard( but not that easy either) LOL! I am looking for a sit down quilting machine with at least a 15 inch throat. It does not HAVE to have it's own table and I don't need a frame. Would like to spend no more than $3000.00 . Not too much to ask for huh? LOL. any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated!!!! I guess what I am asking for is a mid arm, but some of them are only 11 inch throats and like I said my Pfaff is a 10 inch. I figured there must be someone out there that could steer me in the right direction. I just want it for my own use...not to quilt for others.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:28 PM

katiebear1, here's the site for the Bailey, which would certainly fit your price range and specifications on throat space. http://www.baileyssewingcenter.com/i.html
Old 03-23-2014, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by pocoellie View Post
katiebear1, here's the site for the Bailey, which would certainly fit your price range and specifications on throat space. http://www.baileyssewingcenter.com/i.html
Thanks, pocoellie This does look like what i am looking for
Old 03-23-2014, 08:11 AM

Juki is coming out with one according to my local dealer. I just don't know when.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:18 PM

Have you looked at kathyquilts.com
they have a mid arm coming out that is in the 3k range. I'm waiting on it, so far seems to fit what I need and is cheaper.
Let us know what you end up doing.
Amy