Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Machines >

Quilting Machines

Quilting Machines

Old 11-20-2011, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rose Marie View Post
I have the Baby Lock Jane which the shop told me is a Brother 1500. It is set up on a frame so can only quilt a small area at a time. It is very limiting. No quilting designs inside large blocks as you only have about 4 in to quilt at a time.
It has a very involved threading sequence but it does have needle down.
So far have not done much on it but what I have done is a mess, this takes a lot of practice. I will only do meandering with it for a while. I bought a 4 inch ruler and will mark my quilt across with a 4 in area so I dont run out of room.
I wish it was easier to thread and the bobbin is a real hassle and runs out of thread quickly, maybe 2 rows on a lap size quilt. I did get a stitch regulator for it and love it but it was expensive, $500.
Try using Bottom Line from Superior in your bobbin. I use this on my LA that unfortunately has the same size bobbin you have. You can get a lot more on your bobbin and won't have to change it out as often. Comes in a lot of colors. You may have to tighten the little screw on your bobbin holder because the thread is much thinner. Use your regular thread on top.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:39 AM

Thanks Sylvia.
Thread does make a difference.