Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting machines >

Quilting machines

Quilting machines

Old 09-21-2018, 09:45 PM

I am looking at a Sweet 16 that was bought in 2012 gently used one owner for around $2200 and want to get feedback. I have always wanted a dedicated machine and do enjoy FMQ. I find the noise and industrial feel of the larger set ups not to mention standing in one place a bit tedious.

I will try it out this weekend and need to decide about it. It also comes with the side tables so it can be up to 5 ft of workspace.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:31 AM

My friend has a Sweet 16 and LOVES it...I tried it out once when visiting and looking fwd to treating myself to one, one of these days now that I have the larger sewing rm and rm for it.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:00 PM

I didn't know if I'd like to do my own quilting and I knew I wouldn't want to try it on my DSM so went small with a Viking MegaQuilter 9" on a Grace Pro frame. Found I liked to quilt so added an inexpensive robotic system to start out with, upgraded to a better one when I upgraded my machine as 9" doesn't give you much to work with. Went to a stretched Juki 98Q 18". Finally upgraded for the last time to an Innova 26, upgraded my robotics system and finally changed to IQ this past May. I quilt only for myself an occasionally for a friend. Have I ever regretted it.................NEVER. Expensive hobby..................YES!!!! Do I enjoy my hobby.........YES!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2018, 08:20 AM

I would go with trying out machines find the one that works for you then try to get a good used machine. I got a longarm with 12 ft table it was a real old one I purchased it from Nolting they take trade ins . When I got it they told me that I could not hurt it. I was pretty good with fmg on my Husqvarna but it was really hard on my body. I do not find that with the longarm. I do not have any remorse but again I did not have a lot of money invested. I now do quite a few pantographs.