Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Magazines >

Quilting Magazines

Quilting Magazines

Old 09-08-2010, 05:41 AM

what I can save on magazines can help pay for one good quilt book, pattern, video etc. and I have decided to keep a lot of my older magazines as they are a good source of inspiration and also better patterns I have also lost interest in quilt shows as most of them are all done commercially anymore seems gone are the good days with hand quilters and people designed quilts it use to be fun to go to a quilt show and oh and ah over someones tiny stitches but I do not get excited over what a computer can do just my thoughts
Old 09-08-2010, 06:30 AM
Power Poster

I have lost interest in most quilt magazines over the last few years. The websites for the magazines have pictures of what's inside the new issue. If there is a pattern I have to make I redraft it in EQ7. I get all the quilt ads I need in my email. I read quilt blogs so I know about the new quilt tools and fads. I pay for internet so I use it first before spending more money for something that's free to find online.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:43 AM
Power Poster

yup, i finally let all of my subscriptions go...no more quilting mags in the mail... :(
i was tired of more adds than substance...seems to me that we pay so much for them they could afford to cut back on content adds taking up 3/4 of the magazine. and it also seemed like out of 5 different magazines there was 1 project that taught me a new technique and i put to use. from now on i'm going to browse the magazine rack at the store and if i find a mag with at least a couple projects i'm interested in i will buy it...no more filling the mailbox with magazines that are just taking up space...i did really like the quilter's home mag (Mark Lipinski) and there were no adds, just articles and a couple projects...that one was much better but not really going in the same direction as i've been going in...i let them all run out. My hubby is happy about this since he's the one who usually gets the mail.