Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Men >

Quilting Men

Quilting Men

Old 04-07-2010, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Wow 19 out of how many members? Not that many men on here as I thought.

Billy

Billy there may be some who don't want to fess up. I had a David contact me a few months ago and he was a lurker on the board but not brave enough to post. I encouraged him to post but haven't seen him on here so there may be more!
Well I used to be nervous about admitting that I quilt but I found out (thanks a lot to you guys) that women dig guys who quilt!! Now I proudly go into the fabric store with confidence and the females just fawn over me! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I sometimes get stuck picking out fabrics or colors and they are quick to jump in and help. I have been known to come out with a phone number or two and I usually give them to my wife with the receipts so she can put them in the checkbook. She just shakes her head and laughs asking me "do these women really know what they are getting into with you?" :hunf:

The way I look at it it has taken her 26 years to get me to where she wants me and I am not going through training again!!! :roll:

Billy
Personally, I wouldn't want too either. DH and I have nearly 20 years, and it hasn't always been easy. He goes to QS with me and I like to go to Lowes or Home Depot with him. I really dig all that stuff at the building supply places!. It usually ends up with work for him, tho, cause I see something I'd like to update! LOL
YTQ
Old 04-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Power Poster

We've been married 35 years and I have spent many many hours trailing DH in car lots(I grew up in a gas station so car lots and junk yards are boring to me!) and cycle shops doing alot of window shopping!! So now DH sits and waits on me in the quilt shops! Fair trade I think!! This is the same man that used to time me while I was in the grocery store and complain that I took too long! LOL Now he has learned to not let me near the shops unless he is prepared to wait til I am done!! LOL He is a much more patient man now through this training!! LOL LOL
Old 04-07-2010, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
what's lockeb's real name? isn't it also eddie?
Bill
Old 04-07-2010, 02:32 PM

well, mine is still in training, and it's been 45 yrs. but i guess he says the same thing about me.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:37 PM

I thought there might be more, but thanks for the list, Glenn