Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Nanny >

Quilting Nanny

Quilting Nanny

Old 02-22-2011, 08:28 AM

I saw the GrandMother on the Opra Network last night with over 2,000 lbs of fabric. She has a chapter of Quilts for Valor and the fabric had taken over her living room. It was jam backed. Some of her quilting buddies helped her sort and she donated some of the fabric to other chapters. They made over her garage with built in shelving and, made her a large cutting table and fixed it with everything she could ever need. It was an awsome show. I TV'oed it and will look at it again. Kinda inspired me to do some quilting for a charity.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:49 AM
Cyn

It was pretty amasing. I started organizing after the show! I don't have near the stuff she did but it still feels a little out of control. Any friends want to come help? :)
Old 02-22-2011, 08:58 AM
Power Poster

I love that show. I think Peter Walsh does a great job with the people to help them deal with the emotions they have attached to things and to help them get past that overwhelmed feeling when things are out of control. I don't think any of the people he helps are truly diagnosable as hoarders.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:52 PM

I taped it, then watched it this morning, too. My sewing room looks a lot like her living room! (But in my defense, we're still putting things away from our move last year, then I had to have shoulder repair surgery, so I haven't done a lot in the last 5 months.)