Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Patterns >

Quilting Patterns

Quilting Patterns

Old 06-09-2008, 10:47 AM
bj

Smokey, that is beautiful. Okey, welcome to the board. I haven't done any paper piecing, but am thinking of taking a class at my local shop.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:17 PM

Hi there, I am so glad you are able to post such beautiful pictures
Old 06-09-2008, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by okie
Has anyone made a quilt using a Judy Niemeyer pattern? I love the patterns, I love paper piecing but I'm not good at color combinations. I have one of her patterns and I just look at it and say one day I will take the plunge, but first I need to purchase the material.
take your pattern with you to the quilt shop and just dive in. Pick a piece or group that "speak" to you and start from there. If you have a friend or know a worker at the store get their help. They will help you. Most quilter love to put their 2 or 5 cents in LOL I like the way her stuff looks in batik fabric. I do not think I could buy fabric for that kind of quilt on line... I have to stack the bolts and squint at them
Old 06-10-2008, 02:36 AM

I know what you mean. My DH and I went to a very large and very nice quilt shop. This was in north Oklahoma City a very up class quilt shop. Talk about no help. She just here and left. I picked up a few bolts of fabric looked at them and just got a terrible and disgust feeling. I put everything back and we walked out of the shop, nothing said. I've been to one in Norman, again everything and anything you want. No help, no hi, no nothing. Walked into a shop in Midwest City and instantly felt at home, and this is just as we got our feet in the door. They are getting in some batiks this month and are going to help be find the right ones. It's probably 70 miles or more from where I live but when someone makes you feel good about what you are doing, no such thing as a dumb question and are willing to go that extra mile, I'm willing to do the same. Have a great Tues. I need to get to work. Talk about driving. It may cheaper to rent a room during the week and come home on weekends. :).
Old 10-04-2015, 05:09 AM

Smokey, your quilt is devine!! I have recently purchased the JN Misty Mountain Pond pattern. I'm somewhat overwhelmed with it. I know how to paper piece, but have not used a Judy pattern. Wondering if you have any tips for this Judy newbie. Again, I totally love your quilt. Hope mine turns out as well.
Sandy