Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Shops In PA >

Quilting Shops In PA

Quilting Shops In PA

Old 06-11-2012, 02:36 PM

The stores in Intercourse and Bird-in-Hand are great, but I'd recommend the ones in Denver too. Also, there are two shops in Goodville, PA, and there is also a good selection of fabrics at the Good's Department Store in Blue Ball (near the Shady Maple complex). In New Holland, there is Cedar Lane Dry Goods, very small and caters to the Amish. It's a great place to find neutrals at a great price. I live within 30 minutes of all these places. Each one has different things that I go for, but they're all worth a try! You never know what you'll find!
Old 06-11-2012, 04:18 PM

I just got back from PA!! We stayed in Hershey. The quilt store in Hershey is pricey. We found the best deals in Intercourse,PA and Bird in Hand, PA. In Intercourse the Old Country Store had a huge selection and the prices were $6 to $9/yard. They had thousands of bolts. Both of these towns had several quilt fabric stores. I am ready to go back!!!
Also, check out Martin's Barn or Fabric in Lebanon. Same great prices and 11,000 bolts!
Old 06-11-2012, 06:53 PM

Definitely Obies near New Holland or Blue Bell which is near Epherta. Google Obies and find out exact location. They are wonderful! Fabric stacked to the ceiling and very low prices. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but the inside is the best. Head and shoulders better than Sauders.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:44 AM

I wish I would have read this post prior to going to Bird in Hand this weekend...we only stopped at one quilt shop...it was not run by the Armish...so disappointed...there were lots of shops but only went to one since I was with a nonquilter..I went to the one that was upstairs from the bakery across from the Famers Market..next time I will skip that one. Wish I had more time. There was an antique barn next to the shop big old barn...AWESOME prices and all kinds of old sewing stuff. Loved it.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:06 AM

Do a google search of "quilt shops in lancaster, pa" There are too many to name. Have fun!!