Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quiltmaker Jubilee mystery >

Quiltmaker Jubilee mystery

Quiltmaker Jubilee mystery

Old 11-05-2022, 12:23 AM

Default Quiltmaker Jubilee mystery

Is anyone else putting together the pieces of the Jubilee mystery that Quiltmaker has been running over the past year? I'm finding my quilt overwhelmingly busy. I've been using "Jane Austen at Home" prints and now wish I'd done a one color plus neutral colorway instead. I like that it is put together in sections and am now thinking of making a couple of smaller, lap-sized quilts instead of one queen-sized quilt. I have most of the sections made but am now having second thoughts. Hoping someone(s) will post photos of their finished or nearly finished quilt(s).
Old 11-05-2022, 01:47 AM

I haven’t assembled mine yet, but I used reds, whites and creams. Someone posted theirs on Facebook and used scrappy fabrics and I actually liked it. Bonnie used purples and white.

I’m not fond of the plain filler pieces used, so I’ll try to make it work with what I have. Share a picture once you’re done - I’d love to see it.
Old 11-05-2022, 06:00 AM

Here is Bonnie's https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2022...ober-goes.html Even though I really like purple, I, too, find the quilt overwhelmingly busy.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 11-05-2022, 12:59 PM

I participated all year and made the blocks. When the quilt was revealed on the cover of Quiltmaker, I didn’t care for it and did not buy the issue. I decided to put the blocks together my own way. In addition to the published version seeming “too busy”, I dislike basket blocks laying on their sides. I thought that an on-point layout would work well. I went back to the directions to make one more 6” block, and then eliminated some other blocks. My quilt top is approximately 80” x 86”, so it’s full size, not queen.
Old 11-05-2022, 04:19 PM

I have to agree with the business. It makes me dizzy looking at it. But I prefer plainer quilts.
Lynda
Old 11-05-2022, 07:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JenniePenny View Post
I participated all year and made the blocks. When the quilt was revealed on the cover of Quiltmaker, I didn’t care for it and did not buy the issue. I decided to put the blocks together my own way. In addition to the published version seeming “too busy”, I dislike basket blocks laying on their sides. I thought that an on-point layout would work well. I went back to the directions to make one more 6” block, and then eliminated some other blocks. My quilt top is approximately 80” x 86”, so it’s full size, not queen.
Oh, would love a picture of your quilt! Can you come back and post one?
Old 11-05-2022, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by lwbuchholz View Post
I have to agree with the business. It makes me dizzy looking at it. But I prefer plainer quilts.
Lynda

I agree with you. I am sure others will disagree with me, but I find her quilt blocks have so many pieces and so many colors in every one that they are actually distracting to me rather than calming and comforting as I feel a quilt should be. Even her borders are busy and multi-patterned. I don't even want to speculate on what quilting it would be like. haha

Last edited by SueZQ from MN; 11-05-2022 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-06-2022, 01:06 AM

I decided to make the blocks into two quilts and just finished a twin-sized top yesterday. I had to order more fabric for a 3" border all the way around. Will post a photo when I get a chance. Now I'm working on a lap- or baby-sized quilt using the rest of the blocks. I put four of those basket blocks in the center and will build around it. I rather like the baskets on their sides when arranged this way.
Old 11-12-2022, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Oh, would love a picture of your quilt! Can you come back and post one?
Thank you for asking: Here it is
I call my version Kerfuffle Shuffle
Attached Thumbnails z-image.jpeg   hanging-1.jpeg  
Old 11-13-2022, 06:39 AM

JenniePenny, I love your version of using the blocks because it is not confusing to look at.
Great job and thank you for the photos.