Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilts made from tee shirts >

Quilts made from tee shirts

Quilts made from tee shirts

Old 04-17-2010, 05:47 PM

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I had never thought about the "floater"
lay out.....I love it.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:32 PM

Just posted pictures of the two grid quilts I finished last weekend. I think they turned out nice.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:47 PM

Thank you, I can hardly wait to see the other quilt. Your "booklady" title, made me curious, as to what kind of a book lady you are. Books and quilting have saved my sanity this past winter. Six months ago, I fractured my left femur. After the initial surgery, I was unable to put ANY weight on that leg for three months. I was able to sit in my wheel chair and quilt and at the same time listen to Audio Books from the library. I could order them online and my husband picked them up for me. Most evenings, I spent reading the real thing. I am ashamed to admit, how much I enjoyed having an "excuse" to spend time listening or reading. I "traveled" the world, in my imagination and discovered many new authors. I am amazed at the amount of quilting I finished. I graduated to a walker today and soon will be walking without assistance. I think that I am hooked on listening to books while quilting and recommend it to all of you.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:26 PM

The pictures are in the "picture" section of the board.

I'm a high school librarian. So a great deal of my reading is on that level as I need to be able to recommend books to the students. But in the car I always have a book on tape. I pick them up at the local library or go to Cracker Barrel along the way. They are great for long trips. It's 7 hrs to visit my daughter at college and 6 1/2 to visit my hometown.

I made a trip to Indiana last year and missed most of Illinois because I was listening to the story!

sorry to hear about your leg. Hope you are on the mend and doing better each day.