Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilts >
  • Quilts

• Quilts

Old 12-01-2010, 04:58 PM

I make Baby quilts for our local Hospital. The larger ones i make are just because i want to try a new pattern. If i know someone who wants or needs a quilt...it's their's. There are so many places to donate that one could quilt forever and never have enough.
    Old 12-01-2010, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by PegD
    When most of you make quilts, do you make them specifically for someone, or just because you like them? And then what do you do with them? I have so many I want to make, but no one in mind to make them for.
    It works both ways for me. Some I make for someone in mind specifically and some I just make and as I'm making it sometimes someone comes to mind. Other times I just make it and hang on to it until somene needs one. I just make them because I enjoy the process and I love to give them away or donate them to charity. So, I suggest you just start making them and they will tell you what to do with them in the process. And Enjoy doing it. That's my reward.
    Old 12-01-2010, 05:09 PM

I make quilts because I love the process of making them! Eventually they all find a home. Someone's birthday, a special occasion, an illness or sadness that requires a "fabric hug". Some of them just stay with me because I can't bear to let them go! (yet)
    Old 12-01-2010, 05:13 PM

I always have someone in mind when I make a quilt. However, that said, I am planning one to make just because I think I will enjoy making it.
    Old 12-01-2010, 05:56 PM

Mostly I make quilts with no one particular in mind. My quilt production is mighty slow, though, and I have no finished quilts needing a home right now... just lots of quilt tops + several WIPs, both piecing & quilting.
    Old 12-01-2010, 06:15 PM

I make mine for family. I'l be glad when I can make one for myself or just to be making one. Do what makes you happy.
    Old 12-01-2010, 06:15 PM

I make mine for family. I'l be glad when I can make one for myself or just to be making one. Do what makes you happy.
    Old 12-01-2010, 06:17 PM

Old 12-01-2010, 06:17 PM

I've made 8 and have given them to grandkids...have 5 more to go for them and then will start on one for DH and then my kids. I'm trying to come up with ideas for two grown boys right now...both graduated from school. Have no idea what to do...maybe a rag quilt...perhaps 2 rag quilts!! They live in two different states and would never know they are alike!! LOL! But won't work too hard on them before Christmas, anyway, so I have time to think on it.
    Old 12-01-2010, 07:55 PM

:P Heavens to betsy,

There are a million places to give quilts--they don't have to be big. Pillowcases for children, lap quilts and medium quilts to ANY organization-Quilts of Valor, baby quilts for all the hospitals, for dialysis centers, animal centers for dogs and cats--okay it isn't a "person" to give it to, but imagine how thrilled someone would be to get something from someone that cared. Get to sewing ya'll.

Peg-TX
    Innova 18"