Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quiltster >

Quiltster

Quiltster

Old 09-29-2018, 04:21 PM

Default Quiltster

Has anyone subscribed to Quiltster? I'm a bit lost with it. I may have to search the web for tips.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:46 PM

I've never heard of it but I just googled it and saw videos telling how to use it. I didn't watch any but it looks like there is a lot of info. Good luck.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:19 PM
Gay

Just checked this out, and have to say sorry, it's not for me. It costs $99 p.year ($9 pm), and automatically credits your card each month/year. I have found many have difficulty getting out of these types of sales. I also think it's too expensive unless you're planning on doing this as a business, price would be ok if it was a program to install permanently on your computer, or if you could just sign up for a month, no more, when needed. How many quilts would you want to print out per year? Also, one can put one's own fabrics in, but I didn't see if you can use your own quilt designs. I think I would have to contact them with questions first. Not sure if EQ has an app for phones etc, must go look. Just my opinion.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Gay View Post
JIt costs $99 p.year ($9 pm), and automatically credits your card each month/year. I have found many have difficulty getting out of these types of sales.
If it's an option, use PayPal on this type of thing. You may not be able to get out the first year, but many of those companies continue to bill you year after year. It's sometimes difficult to get your credit card company to undo those deals. (You were supposed to notify the seller 10 days before the billing cycle or you have to notify them in writing, or you have to telephone them and no one ever answers the phone, you don't find out that you've been charged until 2 months later and they don't issue refunds, etc.)

Paypal doesn't give you any grief. They just refund your money right away. Also, Paypal notifies you by email when a charge is placed on one of your cards through them. So, you can handle it before it's two months old.

bkay
Old 10-01-2018, 09:47 AM

I haven't subscribed, but here are some tutorials that may help you get started. Looks like a bit of a learning curve to hurdle. Not sure. Anyway, good luck with it!

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=quiltster
Old 10-01-2018, 12:56 PM
Power Poster

All the Judy Niemeyer instructors use it as it was designed for JN patterns. I don't think other patterns will work with it. You can upload your fabric choices to it and the choose the JN pattern to see how it looks. It also gives fabric yardage for each fabric in each section. For JN patterns. I prefer EQ.