Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quiltville mystery patterns >

Quiltville mystery patterns

Quiltville mystery patterns

Old 04-18-2017, 07:01 PM

Can anyone help me to understand why Bonnie Hunter releases her mysteries at the beginning of the busiest season of the year? I would so love to find them on January 1 instead of the day after Thanksgiving!

While I know I could start mine on January 1, I hate feeling like I'm already behind. (Guess that's my problem, eh?)
Old 04-19-2017, 04:24 AM

Sushi, I have done three of the last four Bonnie mysteries. It is my understanding that this is a good time for Bonnie because she is taking some down time for the holidays and if there are any problems with the clues, Bonnie can fix them as opposed to being on the road and trying to do it.

Also, from reading mystery participants' comments, there are many who thank her for getting them through the holidays. They have no family or have lost loved ones and the mystery gives them something to occupy their time during the holidays.

Sewingitall, as others said, in mid October to late October, Bonnie announces the colors and the day after Thanksgiving, the first clue is given. Start checking her blog in October. I am on Facebook so I get her blog notices and anxiously wait for the colors and then that first clue. I never can keep up but that is okay with me. Finished making all the En Provence "pieces" in February, going to work on sewing the blocks together this summer.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:05 AM

Yes, Bonnie does the mystery at the holidays because it's a sad time for many due to loss of loved ones, and this gives people something fun to be involved in during what would otherwise be a difficult time. I think it makes things crazy for a lot of people, but in a way, that's part of the fun.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by sushi View Post
Can anyone help me to understand why Bonnie Hunter releases her mysteries at the beginning of the busiest season of the year? I would so love to find them on January 1 instead of the day after Thanksgiving!

While I know I could start mine on January 1, I hate feeling like I'm already behind. (Guess that's my problem, eh?)
You can download the pattern each time it is posted and save it or print it out to start whenever you choose. If you want it to remain a mystery, just don't look at the last part until you finish all the other parts.