Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilty box, Sew sampler etc

Quilty box, Sew sampler etc

I've been getting the Fat Quarter Shop's Sew Sampler box every month. The first month it was full of things I could use, since then, not so much. I've heard of Quilty Box and I'm sure there are others. I guess to some they might be kinda silly but I like the fun of getting a box each month. Does anyone subscribe to others and do you have a favorite?

I get the Sew Sampler box. I have been happy with it. The items I don't want to use I save and give to my sewing friends for Christmas or birthdays. I don't expect any mystery box to be to my liking each time. That would be impossible as many think the box I don't care for is exactly what they like. I was pleased with Jan and Feb boxes.
    I look forward to getting the box each month. It's not expensive and it's fun.
    I love my life!

Oh I don't expect to love everything but the past 2 boxes had more in them that I wouldn't use than what I would use. I just wondered what else was out there

There are quite a few I never heard of before. I watch the you tube videos of the different box openings. Some are for stash building, some are for sewing, etc. Nice assortment to choose from.
    I love my life!

I actually switched from Sew Sampler to Quilty Box. I found I liked more of the fabrics in the Quilty Box.

Quilty box is curated by different quilters every month. All the contents fit the project. I think they are all fun.
    I love my life!

Where do I find information on ordering these?
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Thanks AZ Jane. Sounds interesting. I'll have to think about that at $24 a month.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

I joined the Annie's Creative Quilting Club a couple of years ago and I enjoyed the packages they sent. It was six fat quarters and a small project pattern in each pack for $24.00 a month. They don't include any notions or thread. I collected a lot of nice fabric during the time I was receiving those kits.

Here's a link: https://www.creativequiltersfabricclub.com/

It's $29.90 total for Sew Sampler box for me when shipping is added. It's monthly so you can choose if you want to get one each month. An email is sent to approve or not approve payment. I should be getting the March one today or tomorrow. I'll post a picture of the contents.
    I love my life!

Spoiler alert if you haven't received the March Sew Sampler box yet. Don't look if you don't want to see it

Here is my March Sew Sampler box. I like and will use each item. I am impressed with the bowl magnet. All the pins go to the edge, not all in a wad in the bowl. I put my Wonder Clips in it and they stay put. And it's pretty. The notebooks are vellum paper. The Fat Eight pack is the new Wonderland fabric. Two spools of cotton 50 wt Cotton and Steel brand thread. A pattern to use the fabric pack if I choose. Quilt recipe card and coupon included as usual. Starting next month the Recipe cards will be a designed BOM for this next year. That will be nice.

Name:  IMG_0183.JPG
Views: 158
Size:  79.6 KB
    Last edited by Onebyone; 03-24-2017 at 12:54 PM.
    I love my life!

Blog Entries
    Maybe you could trade with others. One quilter's treasure is another quilter's scrap.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

I joined Green Fairy's 10'' square club. For $19.99 a month (includes shipping) I get one pack of 10'' squares each month. True there is no thread and patterns, etc, but the Sew Sampler box is around $29+ a month which is about $358.00 a year. I think (for me) the difference is better spent on other quit things ( like fabric?) than a box a month.
    The joy of the Lord is my strength.

Garysgal, can you tell us the secret to get the 10" square packs for 19.99? All I've seen from Green Fairy is the Mystery Layer Cake Club for 29.99 (Their mystery jelly rolls are 29.99 per month also & Charm packs are 9.99 per month) I've gotten a couple Sew Sampler boxes... not sure how long I'll stay subscribed though.

I enjoyed my Sew Sampler box this month but think I'll try something else next month. Thanks for all the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Gelly View Post
    Garysgal, can you tell us the secret to get the 10" square packs for 19.99? All I've seen from Green Fairy is the Mystery Layer Cake Club for 29.99 (Their mystery jelly rolls are 29.99 per month also & Charm packs are 9.99 per month) I've gotten a couple Sew Sampler boxes... not sure how long I'll stay subscribed though.
    Did I goof!! It is $29.99. But, I figure I am still ahead because most 10'' packs are $35-45 and theirs includes shipping. I'm sorry I printed the wrong price.
    The joy of the Lord is my strength.

The Sew Sampler box is around $29+ a month which is about $358.00 a year.
    I can spend that in a week for quilting. For a year I think it's cheap. LOL

There is always fabric in the Sew Sampler Box, I think fabric is the main focus of all the boxes. They aren't for everyone and that's fine. On Facebook it was estimated that there were several million subscribers to the different boxes. That's why so many new and different ones are being offered. There is one for every hobby and interest. Like the food boxes so popular now.
    Last edited by Onebyone; 03-25-2017 at 07:05 AM.
    I love my life!

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    I can spend that in a week for quilting. For a year I think it's cheap. LOL

There is always fabric in the Sew Sampler Box, I think fabric is the main focus of all the boxes. They aren't for everyone and that's fine. On Facebook it was estimated that there were several million subscribers to the different boxes. That's why so many new and different ones are being offered. There is one for every hobby and interest. Like the food boxes so popular now.
    I think you're right and it goes beyond just quilting stuff. I get offers for snack boxes, meal boxes, etc all the time.

Darn it! lol. I was hoping it was just something I hadn't stumbled across yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by garysgal View Post
    Did I goof!! It is $29.99. But, I figure I am still ahead because most 10'' packs are $35-45 and theirs includes shipping. I'm sorry I printed the wrong price.

Quote Originally Posted by garysgal View Post
    I joined Green Fairy's 10'' square club. For $19.99 a month (includes shipping) I get one pack of 10'' squares each month. True there is no thread and patterns, etc, but the Sew Sampler box is around $29+ a month which is about $358.00 a year. I think (for me) the difference is better spent on other quit things ( like fabric?) than a box a month.
    Darn it, between you and Gelly, I ended up signing up for the charm packs.

But wanted to thank you all for this post. Seen the quilty box and just couldn't justify the expense of it, but I can with the charm squares.

Blog Entries
    Leah Day gets those and shares. This month she made a color wheel from some of the fabric. I'm not sure how long her you tubes show up but check it out, maybe by seeing what she gets it'll help you decide.
    Judy

Many of the media quilt bloggers get free boxes to promote on their blog. One to keep and one to give away. Of course they promote them. LOL
    I love my life!

At www.purplemoosedesigns.com, you can sign up for the Moose Club for $16.50 for six batiks each month.

All of these sound tempting! Now I just have to figure out which one I might like . . . ~smile~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast