Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Raindrops

Senior Member sewingitalltogether's Avatar

Raindrops

I went to a retreat last week and made great progress on my Raindrops quilt. Here's the start of my quilt.
    I think color is the hardest thing I do. Just don't know what color comes next? I need 8 more of the big circles until I start on the little circles. Any advice? The picture is sideways.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gail

QM
    I think your colors are fine. Maybe if you did some of the smaller pieces, so you could do more layout, the other colors would be clearer for you. I am really looking forward to seeing the finished project.

What colors are you using for your background? Whatever color you like the best of your circles that contrast with your background, should be repeated. That is what I saw when I looked at the pictures on the Quiltworx website. http://www.quiltworx.com/patterns/raindrops-2016/
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Do you have a color wheel? If not, buy one. They are great for finding secondary, tertiary and direct complements.

This is going to be beautiful!
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Senior Member sewingitalltogether's Avatar
    The background is blues of all shades. I am working on the little circles now and sewing the backgrounds on. I think QM is right. It will all unfold as I do it. I still think I need to go to the fabric store. Need a brighter yellow and a light red. It will be 100" x 100". I bought the second package of foundation papers. I had to buy the 108" flannel to lay things out on. My design board isn't anywhere near this size. I'm loving this quilt!!

Your quilt is going to be gorgeous. Can't wait to see it finished.

Wonderful start! I feel you are doing a great job with the colors. Please post when quilt is done, I would love to see it!

The quilt is going to be beautiful! The suggestion to buy a color wheel is a good one. Sometimes it forces one to use a color not in the comfort zone, but is related to other colors in use. A color can lie side by side on the wheel or opposite on the wheel. It can help you to create interesting combinations.

You've done extremely well with your colors thus far. I predict that this one is going to be a beauty.
    "The great doing of little things makes the great life." Eugena Price

The picture is sideways.

Right click on the picture, then click on "View image" That will turn it right side up. At least it does on my computer.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher