Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Re: JoAnn's Scratch Off Coupon

Quote Originally Posted by Joanie2
    I guess my Joanne's flyer is still in the mail since I haven't received a scratch off. But I use is to buy batting when it isn't on sale. I was there yesterday looking for some Warm & Natural on the bolt and the nice cutting lady told me that it was on sale - normally $7.99 yd for $3.99. She's a quilter so her input on batting was good to me. Wish I could have purchased the whole 15 yds at that point but settled for 4. (I had already spent $50 on fabrics else where.)
    Your Joann's has "Warm and Natural" for $7.99 reg. price.???

Here in NJ reg. price is #11.99!!! $5.99 on sale. Wow!!! Prices really fluctuate around the country don't they? I'm still shaking my head at those prices :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by sahm4605
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanie2
    I guess my Joanne's flyer is still in the mail since I haven't received a scratch off. But I use is to buy batting when it isn't on sale. I was there yesterday looking for some Warm & Natural on the bolt and the nice cutting lady told me that it was on sale - normally $7.99 yd for $3.99. She's a quilter so her input on batting was good to me. Wish I could have purchased the whole 15 yds at that point but settled for 4. (I had already spent $50 on fabrics else where.)
    dang. warm and nat here is 10.99 a yard. wish i was where you are. mine is 40% waiting to see my moms what she got. crossing fingers for the 80%.
    It's 10.99 here too.

Bev
    [quote> I was there yesterday looking for some Warm & Natural on the bolt and the nice cutting lady told me that it was on sale - normally $7.99 yd for $3.99. She's a quilter so her input on batting was good to me. Wish I could have purchased the whole 15 yds at that point but settled for 4. (I had already spent $50 on fabrics else where.)[/quote]

dang. warm and nat here is 10.99 a yard. wish i was where you are. mine is 40% waiting to see my moms what she got. crossing fingers for the 80%.[/quote]

It's 10.99 here too.[/quote]

My flyer doesn't even have batting by the bolt on sale, but it DOES have packaged batting, not Warm & Natural, just the other ones, on sale from 4.19 to 29.99 each. They come in all the different varieties. I prefer Warm & Nat. too.
    They've got Simplicity patterns on sale for 5 for $5.00.
    I'm going to get a purse pattern I've been waiting to go on sale, and a couple of PJ patterns for the grandkids for this winter. I've got a ton of flannel saved up from sales last winter.
    Joann's sales are always eagerly anticipated, aren't they?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akrogirl
    No, definitely no relationship between how much you spend and the value of the coupon, or I would have had one for 80%, lol.
    me 2! I got a 40%.

Okay, I have 50%. Just got back from JoAnns. I bought some Fons and Porter supplies because they were 50% off. My kids also picked out some fabric to make totes for their teachers and I purchased some map fabric for my classroom. Then, we came back after we went to Target in order to get a backpack for my son because he liked the one there more than what Target had.

Altogether, I spent about $60.00 today at JoAnns. (Today was also teacher appreciation, so I got an additional 20% off.)

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
    I'm just curious...again. I would like to know how often do you shop at JoAnn's, and how much do you spend? I'm trying to figure out if the amount on the scratch-off is related to the amount spent in the store or what.
    If they could track what you spend, which they can't except when you use the barcoded coupons, and did key the scratch-off to that amount, then the higher value coupons would probably go to the lower spending people, not the higher spending ones. They want it to be an enticement more than they want it to be a reward.

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I got mine and it is 40% good for 20-22. I only shop at Joanns when there is a sale otherwise they are to expensive.

you can always go on line and use coupons for rolls of batting... that's what I do.

Mine was for 50%. Wish our store sold Jelly Rolls :( I'm sure I'll find something I can't live without...LOL

Blog Entries
    I got a 70% off scratch off--whoo who!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine was 50% To make sure you get your ads on time have them scan your barcode everytime you get one whether you purchase or not! REMEMBER You can use the coupons on Special Orders-for material when they don't have it in stock, batting on the roll ect. It doesn't have to be some wild order just what you want-and a full bolt is a single cut! I used to work there!Hopefully policy hasn't changed!

Mine was only for 40%. But, starting tomorrow their quilters showcase fabrics are only $1.99 a yard!

Magnolia, Be careful with that fabric line, It frays like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey
    Magnolia, Be careful with that fabric line, It frays like crazy.
    haha, maybe that's why they sell it so cheap. I did use some in my nephews quilt, but it seemed to hold up okay. Some of it did fray but didn't seem too excessive-but it was just for a simple four patch quilt-nothing fancy. My nephew is only 1 so I didn't want to use anything too expensive-I expect it to get drug around the house.

I use to work there my last day in may this year...If you don't have your mailer scanned for more than two months you will not recieve any more. I get mine scanned every time and I got a 50% off scratch off. I usually buy one or two items. less than $20.
    every morning they have a huddle before store opens. They have a daily customer count and how many items count per customer count. they have each team member set a goal to inprove that count.I do not help that count as I only use my coupon and buy one thing. At the cuting counter you are to be chatty and ask what they are making,suggest,zippers or binding,thread whatever you think you can get them to buy...I liked the job but it was PT and if they were not as busy as planned they sent people home...my trip was 26 miles one way...

Oh the 10% off magazines...Sucks because you can't use any coupons on things on sale...
    Also they changed there buy one get one free...Look at your reciepts...say you buy thread four spools $4 $4 $3 and $3 you will pay 4+4+free+ free. the registers do not match up 4+free and 3+free. that was a softwhere change last fall.the only way you can get the best sale is to buy each set of thread on its own order.

I got mine just the other day, and I got 70% off!! I felt like I had found a gold mine. The sale is not until Aug. 20,21,22, so don't give up hope - it may get there yet. I've been trying to decide whether I want another large quantity of fabric or several yds of batting. What a quandry!! :)

Last visit I spent 0. I needed some Christmas or Winter theme fabrics for our next pillowcase Sew In but I didn't care of what they had. Had to buy what I needed at Wal Mart where they had some cute Frosty the Snowman fabric.

I keep my Joann's coupons in my purse, even when I'm traveling as I never know when I'll come across a Joann's. Always stop at a big and nicely laid out one when I visit my son and his family in CA, think it's in Lake Forrest. May in Jersey

I got a 40% off coupon. Boo

Blog Entries
    I got mine with 50% off-may look at getting a lamp or something that I would not usually buy. Can't wait to see what I can get!!

Bev
    Quote Originally Posted by homequilter
    I got mine with 50% off-may look at getting a lamp or something that I would not usually buy. Can't wait to see what I can get!!
    Here the lamps are on sale so you can't use your coupon. Darn! I wanted to get my DGD a good lamp for her room, but the sale isn't that great! They're OTTS. I'll wait til they go off sale and I have a 50% coupon. I think that'll be better.

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev
    Quote Originally Posted by homequilter
    Here the lamps are on sale so you can't use your coupon. Darn! I wanted to get my DGD a good lamp for her room, but the sale isn't that great! They're OTTS. I'll wait til they go off sale and I have a 50% coupon. I think that'll be better.
    Somebody posted the other day that sometimes Lowes or Home Depot carry Ott Lites cheaper than JoAnns.

I guess I didn't check my mail on Sat. My coupons were there....I got 50%. Not the 80% that I was hoping for....but I'll still be happy to use the 50%!!!

I scratched mine this morning and I got 80%. Cutting mats, ott lamps are on sale so those are out. I'm sure I will be able to find something.

Congrats on the 80% off!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast