Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Reason I Bought My Sewing Machine...

Blog Entries
    those eyes are worth a thousand words, thanks for sharing

Sounds like our hubbies are brothers. I'm always making a little bag to fit something. The phone, the camera, to put on his belt and hold a few little things he needs for work. I also hem every pair of pants and shorten the sleeves on any long sleeved shirts. The worst for me is putting in new pockets, I've tried all kinds of boughten one and even tried to make my own, nothing worked very well.

Quote Originally Posted by mpspeedy
    In my case the sad sack is my husband. He is always bringing me something he needs fixed. He is short with a pot belly. I have to hem all of his pants and have been known to mend his pockets and even the seams of his winter gloves. I also had to make him a facemask so that he could ride is Harley to work in cold weather. I think the reason he married me is because I was able to do all of his mending when we were dating.
    The worst job I had was repairing the canvas curtins for my step son's boat. I also made him cloth bags for the traps he uses to catch bait to use in his crabbing business.
    AFter all sewing machines are not meant for quilting alone.

Blog Entries
    My Shepherd tears out the stuffing first, especially if it's a squeeker, then the toy is acceoptable to play with. What a spoiled doggy I have. Spoiled but loved. :)

I have sewed a few of those toys up also, it's usually best to put all felt eyes on any toy you buy for them, as they might
    get into bad trouble with anything else for eyes.
    Your Baby is just the cutest :D

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I just melted at this story and pics. :D
    My son's dog used to chew up everything so son would go to the thrift shop and get old stuffed animals for my granddog.
    Once I asked what I could buy him that he wouldn't destroy and my son said the only thing he could think of was a bowling ball lol :D

Blog Entries
    I've done "Doll surgery" & it was well worth it! LOL Grand daughter was here spending the night & ripped the underarm of her doll so when she went to bed I sewed it. When she got up she was surprised that it was fixed. I told her I took her to the "Dolly hospital" & she was happy as can be!

Blog Entries
    Obviously Tawny is very intelligent - she knew who to come to to fix her toy. You're a good mama!

Hi,

That was just a priceless post! I laughed out loud as our golden retreiver does that to her toys....always looks like there was a battle on the carpet with white cotton stuffing all over. My DH sews hers together by hand a few times, then we toss em, she chews them to get the squeaker out.
    Cute cute...........

Bev

I think all of us fur mommas have run into this problem. My Tony used to chew holes in all his toys and then be upset when I had to do toy surgery. Never sewed so many toys in my days of sewing. But he is a happy guy once his baby is out of surgery and recovered!

She knew who to bring it to. What a cutie.

Ah, Tawny was just helping you prioritize.

I can't give my dogs stuffed toys, for this same reason. They tear the eyes off, eat them if possible, then tear the legs or head off and eat the stuffing. This can be dangerous to a dog, eating the stuffing. I have wire fox terriers, but the affect would be the same for any dog.

Tawny is SO cute!!!!!!!!!!!

How cute.

Oh, that looks sooo much better after surgery. I think it's a good thing you are not a plastic surgeon. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Minnisewta
    Oh, that looks sooo much better after surgery. I think it's a good thing you are not a plastic surgeon. :-)
    LOL, I agree with you on that!

She is adorable......just like my Jake....but when he get done with stuffed animal we have to bury it, lol.....killer instinct..he caught and killed a rabbit that got inside the fenced area.

Our pets let us know when they need help. Now your baby has her toy back again. My little dog had a favorite elephant toy that we named "ellie" and when it got ripped I would take it to the machine and sew it and he would wait patiently by my machine until it was all repaired.

Our pets let us know when they need help. Now your baby has her toy back again. My little dog had a favorite elephant toy that we named "ellie" and when it got ripped I would take it to the machine and sew it and he would wait patiently by my machine until it was all repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by sally's girl
    She is adorable......just like my Jake....but when he get done with stuffed animal we have to bury it, lol.....killer instinct..he caught and killed a rabbit that got inside the fenced area.
    oh my, I have a Jake too!!!! also have Elwood, Bailey, Otis & Sassy. Jake & Elwood are my "evil twins" they play tug a war with anything that's not nailed down LOL & they chase & catch squirils Your little one is adorable Bostons are the best

So cute!

What a sweet dog!

My granddog use to sit on my lap while I mended his doggie toys. It took him, maybe a day to rip them again. Sometimes they just had to that great doggie toy heaven. lol

Oh, that is too precious!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tlpa
    Oh, that is too precious!
    Sews your kittie. Does he/she help you sew??? Two of mine do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast