Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recognize this quilt kit?

Blog Entries

Recognize this quilt kit?

I have a pic of a quilt kit I would like to make, but can't find the pattern or kit. Could someone help? Thanks.
    Sorry it turned the wrong way, my expert is at work and can't help me right now.LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry, no idea, but it's cute. Looks like a fall themed sampler of some sort.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by knlsmith View Post
    Sorry, no idea, but it's cute. Looks like a fall themed sampler of some sort.
    I think it might be all seasons since there's tulips and hearts along with the pumpkins and christmas tree. Just don't know which direction to look.

Looks like a block to represent each month, January snow, February hearts, ... December tree. Sorry I don't recognize where it comes from. Probably wouldn't be hard to duplicate.

I think it's a BOM a block for every month of the year, but I don't recognize it.

I see now. Guess I looked at it too fast.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mamagrande View Post
    I think it's a BOM a block for every month of the year, but I don't recognize it.
    I think you might be right and I might have to resort to my own devices. Thanks everyone.

It is an old Thimbleberries (I think) block of the month I think from 2008 or 2009 could have been earlier, I will have to find it to be sure..I bought it in Kansas while on a quilt retreat, 2 years ago...I just finished the quilt 2 weeks ago for my hubby.

Yes, it is an older Thimbleberries block of the month set of patterns...we had a Thimbleberries Club at our shop, and that was one of the first year's projects. Don't remember how long ago it was....or if I still have my patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by grannysewer View Post
    I have a pic of a quilt kit I would like to make, but can't find the pattern or kit. Could someone help? Thanks.
    Sorry it turned the wrong way, my expert is at work and can't help me right now.LOL
    This was a Thimbleberries BOM from many years ago. However, at my favorite LQS, the Thimbleberries Club just did this a couple years ago. I asked the owner if they were using the same patterns, and she said no, it was in a book now. You might check with your LQS and see if she has it. I remember paying $5 for each block pattern. Can you imagine? $60 for that pattern! I think Lynette Jensen closed her website. She is retiring.
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

I thought that's what it was...the little shop I visited had lots of older blocks of the month patterns packaged up for the whole year and they were only 10 dollars each....wowee.. quiltn-nannie I'm glad I waited til I found it cheap!!!! I'm still looking for where I put the package of patterns when I finished... geez...I need to get more organized!!!!

I have it, it is a Thimbleberry pattern......I would really have to hunt in my sewing room to find it, but I know it's there somewhere.........Each block is a month

Liked her early fabrics, but the patterns arent to my taste.
    Quilt outside of the box!

I believe the blocks can be found in "Beautiful Blocks for Beautiful Quilts" by Lynette Jensen on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Thimbleberries...en+quilt+books
    two simple rules for success
    1. Show up.
    2. Pay attention.
    One simple rule for happiness
    1. Kindness counts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kellen46 View Post
    I believe the blocks can be found in "Beautiful Blocks for Beautiful Quilts" by Lynette Jensen on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Thimbleberries...en+quilt+books
    Thank you! Thank you! That's it exactly! I knew I could count on the board to help me. Now to get busy with it.

It's a calendar: Jan thru Dec. Very cute!

I agree it looks like one for each month of the year, I believe you could find most if not all at the quilters cache.
    pat design

Blog Entries
    I love the thimbleberries block of the month pattern. I hope you can find it.
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

This quilt is called Month by Month from the Thimbleberies Big Book of Quilt Blocks.

This looks like a BOM from thimbleberries that I made years ago. If you can't find patterns let me know.

Blog Entries
    You might be able to find the kit on ebay.....I've had much success finding "out of circulation" kits that way or even at Amazon.com. Good luck in your search. If you do ebay, put in the "search" parameters and request email notice when one surfaces.

Looks Thimbleberry-ish.

I had no idea about the quilt kit but still enjoyed reading everyone's replies - it still amazes me, though I don't know why after several years on the board, the wealth of knowledge everyone has and their willingness to share! What a fantastic group this is!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JanieH View Post
    I had no idea about the quilt kit but still enjoyed reading everyone's replies - it still amazes me, though I don't know why after several years on the board, the wealth of knowledge everyone has and their willingness to share! What a fantastic group this is!
    You are so right! Everyone is willing to share and help. Bobbie

Post Block of the month

Quote Originally Posted by grannysewer View Post
    the pattern is in the Thimbleberries Big Book of Quilt Blocks. It is block of the month pattern.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast