Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Recommend Table for Machine. . . >

Recommend Table for Machine. . .

Recommend Table for Machine. . .

Old 12-28-2020, 10:57 PM

Default Recommend Table for Machine. . .

My husband is tired of me using the dining room table to sew with my Bernina 710. Any recommendations for a solid, strong table that won't "rattle and roll" with the speed and weight of a Bernina 710? I don't want to buy a cabinet, just a table, please. Or, what do you use?
Thanks!
Old 12-29-2020, 12:00 AM

My Janome came with a table, it is very much like a SewEz table. I bought the SewEz for my Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz. It's a heavy machine and the table doesn't move when sewing. It's very sturdy. When you order the table they ask for the make and model of your machine and they make a plexiglass piece that fits your machine. There is a cut out so your machine sits into the table and you have a flat quilting surface.
I also bought the solid piece so my machine can sit on top when I use it for the embroidery unit.
And it's easily portable, when it folds up, there are wheels to move it instead of having to carry it.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 12-29-2020 at 12:04 AM.
Old 12-29-2020, 11:10 AM

I can second that emotion...saw a SewEZ at a quilting seminar and fell in love! I put a pressing station clamped to the side and that makes for a very comfortable and useful piecing station. I run a Bernina 170, got the plexi cutout that fits that machine...just had to add extra lighting as the older machines are great but poorly lit.
Old 12-29-2020, 11:23 AM

Sew Ezi or the Arrow Gidget or Gidget ll, I have both and they are all well worth every penny.
Old 12-29-2020, 04:58 PM

I have the Sew-Ezi and love it. Have the plastic/clear cut-out to fit around my machine and the other cut-out so my machine can be used with the embroidery arm attached.
Old 12-29-2020, 09:39 PM

My Arrow Gidget II has been great
Old 01-01-2021, 06:31 AM

Could you go to a thrift store and get another dining room table to use? Not sure what exactly you're looking for in a sewing table.
Old 01-01-2021, 06:45 AM

I have an Arrow Gidget II that I used for my Pfaff Performance 5 before I bought a Kangaroo table. Was sturdy and didn't move or shake and was easy to move.
Old 01-01-2021, 02:42 PM

I have a "child size desk". It has 3 drawers on the side and a pull out typewriter area. I bought it at an auction. It is a good height for me.
Old 01-01-2021, 07:09 PM

I use the old fashioned sturdy metal tables like they used to use in churches. I got mine at a used office furniture store for a song 20 years ago and they are still in my sewing room.

I have a Sew Ezi for my Juki 2200 QVP Mini. It's surprisingly stable.

Last edited by cashs_mom; 01-01-2021 at 07:12 PM.