Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Red and White fabric collections

Red and White fabric collections

I am itching to do a red and white quilt for my next project however I am not having any success finding a red and white fabric collection. I am shopping on line and am finding it is hard to make sure that all the reds are the same color and not to orange or brown. I think it would be easier to just find a collection however I am not having any luck locating one.

Anyone have any ideas??

try Keepsake quilting. Their service is amazing though they can be higher on prices. Their quality is also great. I've never been disappointed with anything I've bought from them. And, I have been buying from them since at least the early 90s!

Blog Entries
    Have you considered using reds that are all different? It makes for an interesting effect!

Moda has a red and white line, but they are not cheap.

Power Poster
    There might be something in the French Toile line, I think it's called? (that red and white printed scene fabric) You might look under Valentine's Day clearance for red and white? Some of the sites have an area where you can move your selections to compare them together, try that too.

Red and white batiks are easier and beautiful!
    Linda

Banned
    I have found that even the red/whites are not always the same tint/vaue/shade they do work together as long as they are not too far off the pure color.

Having different reds enhances the look. The different hues will give a more finished look. I did a red and white quilt with different hues and it was gorgeous. I just didn't add too many of the orange-y hues.

It is similar to how just a tad bit of yellow can enhance the overal effect of some scrappy quilts .... you just don't want to be overwhelmed by the yellow.

ali
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

Moda has a new line called Renaissance Redwork. I love it!

Try www.hawthornethreads.com
    There is a lovely collection called Rendezvous. The reds are clear and bright, the collection has various fabrics in red, white and grey

Blog Entries
    Yes, reds ~ hues/shade/value ~ can make us pull our hair (or any color-way that 'focus' on). We have this conversation with ourselves, "it matches", "no way to orange", "well almost", "I think is will work". I am a red fan (you should see how many red tops I have, haha) and have trouble with red/oranges and lean towards blue-reds. But quilting has helped open my eyes ~ they are all in the same family and should go together.

I did a google image search for 'red quilts', I think it help to have a visual. take a look;
    https://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...l2-1.3.0.1l5l0
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -Confucius

https://picasaweb.google.com/home

Blank Quilting has a nice collection of reds and whites - 13 fabircs in all. You can see them in this thread: Perhaps this is bad of me but I got a really great bunch of fabric today and I had to (don't think I got quite the whole name!). I don't have a Ben Franklin so I ordered mine online from oldcountrystore.com.

QKO
    We have a couple of lovely collections of red and white fabrics by Fabric Freedom of London. Very high quality goods.

Red Rouge by Fabric Freedom: http://www.quilt-kits-online.com/products.php?cat=84

Also look at the red and white colorway of Tempting Tonals by Fabric Freedom: http://www.quilt-kits-online.com/products.php?cat=191

I don't know that it is a collection but Leesa had some nice red & whites for sale on the board earlier this week -
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/items-s...e-t178827.html
    Shannon

Try here. The colors are pretty true and the prices are good as well. Luann
    http://www.fabric.com/SearchResults2...3-26a376046a5e
    Live Love and Laugh Enough!

Thanks ladies for all your help I really appreciate it!!

www.oldcountrystorefabrics.com has a lot of them and sorts it for you by color, they have great prices and fast delivery

how about solid reds paired with whites?

Jump over to the "Take 2" thread and check out the free BOM's
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

One of my favorite online sources is thousandsofbolts.com. Their home page lets you click on fabrics according to color groups. If you select a fabric to look at the details, one of the options on the page is "View all (#) fabrics in this Collection," so for instance, if you looked at this fabric:
    http://www.thousandsofbolts.com/inde...92&ParentCat=9
    you could be sure that the other reds in that particular collection would be compatible.
    And Thousands of Bolts has a special $3.95 flat rate shipping until 2/24!
    One other vendor I remembered seeing a pretty reds collection is Erica's:
    http://www.ericas.com/fabric/galleryinred.htm

Good luck in your search.

Daffy

I just saw some Beautiful Red & Whites in Clotilde it was called Rework Renaissance worth a try
    Your signature ID: 54489-296-2CF6E9BBE4DB9B078ACCB9FB17BC3416

Try www.equilter.com They have a feature that lets you select one color in any print and their site will find all the other fabrics- solids, batiks, prints- that have that same color match in it. Their screen is exceptionally good about showing the true colors of fabrics.
    Last edited by TanyaL; 02-18-2012 at 05:46 AM.

RED, is one of the hardest colors to match. So if you make one Please buy all your fabric at one time. Plus extra. I made a king size Black,red and white. Ran out of red. Had to do boarder in black. Not happy.

I have a friend who made a Yellow Brick Road with all shades/tones/values of reds and it came out beautiful!!! She then appliqued some yellow flowers on it. I think as long as it says "red" you'll be fine.

fabric.com lets you put your selections on a design wall and it has really helped me with coordinating fabrics.
    They are very reasonable and give great service too.
    BTW,...I can't wait to see your red and white. Eventually I am going to make one too!
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

Blog Entries
    There's a pattern of reds called Prairie Paisley 11 lots of reds and patterns to choose from go to ericas and old country store fabrics they each have some that are differant, this is what i am going to work with for a log cabin quilt. Good Luck
    Mary

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast