Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
refurbished machines from ebay? >

refurbished machines from ebay?

refurbished machines from ebay?

Old 03-05-2024, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by lwbuchholz View Post
I bought a refurbished machine through e bay and have had the best of luck. Ebay watches their sellers pretty close I think they have a warranty but can't be sure.
I agree. eBay does watch things pretty closely and want to make things right. My husband has bought me 3 vintage machines on eBay. They were all fine. You do need to watch the seller's feedback. The FW my husband bought on eBay had a bad cord that poofed sparks at me. The seller compensated us for buying a new one.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:12 AM

well I pulled the trigger, from a merchent that seems to specialize in machines and has sold tons with good feedback. One had a better price but all their bad feedback was poor packageing. I'm happy and excited. thanks for the feedback everyone, I think I just had to get my mind around buying another machine.
Old 03-06-2024, 09:38 AM
Power Poster

Ebay has gotten very strict with sellers. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a machine there.
I have bought and sold machines with no trouble.
Old 03-09-2024, 09:09 AM

I bought my longarm thru eBay and have been nothing but thrilled.... however, I bought it from an actual shop that was just using the website to move along a trade-in that he didn't want to sell thru the shop. Summary- do your research
Old 03-10-2024, 04:56 AM

hi Rff, glad you are happy with yyour purchase! I bought from an ebay seller who deals in refurbished machines and is registered as such. I got a 2 year guarentee from Ebay with directions to their insurer if I have problems.
I don't expect to, I've never had a problem with the one I have.

It should be here Monday!
Old 03-10-2024, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

I have the Eversewn 30 in the blue color. My granddaughter has it now. Nice machine with all the features.
I always check refurbished at Amazon first for most expensive items. I buy all our new Iphones refurbished at Amazon. Pay less then 1/2 the original cost and have warranty and can be returned. I bought my steam generated iron refurbished, Dyson vacuum, laptop, and tablets too. I won't buy expensive items that can not be returned without a hassle or me proving it was not user error. I have bought all but one of my sewing machines from Amazon. I returned two of them because I couldn't bond with the machine use. Not one return problem. All lessons for any machine are on youtube if you need them. In fact one machine dealer in my area says watch those and if you still have problems then come to the shop. I never had a problem with a repair at any dealer. They have no idea where I bought the machine or even if it's mine, could be my mother in law's or a gift. I never give details, just the problem I may have with it.
Old 03-18-2024, 07:17 AM

I've been stitching on my refurbished machine for a week, seems to be perfect. Happy camper here!