Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Religious quilts and wallhangings......Can someone help me??

  1. #1
    Super Member charismah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    8,915
    Blog Entries
    29
    Hi everyone,
    I have been asked to make a religious quilt or wall hanging for church...nothing specific just whatever appeals to me I suppose.

    So can you all send me links to patterns....or pictures of your own..I just need some ideas???

    Thanks a bunch!

  2. #2
    Super Member Airwick156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Posts
    3,558
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by charismah
    Hi everyone,
    I have been asked to make a religious quilt or wall hanging for church...nothing specific just whatever appeals to me I suppose.

    So can you all send me links to patterns....or pictures of your own..I just need some ideas???

    Thanks a bunch!
    Hey I have a PICTURE not the pattern of a Cross Quilt that I am going to make. I can email you the picture. It looks VERY VERY easy to do as it is all squares.

  3. #3
    Super Member charismah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    8,915
    Blog Entries
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwick156
    Quote Originally Posted by charismah
    Hi everyone,
    I have been asked to make a religious quilt or wall hanging for church...nothing specific just whatever appeals to me I suppose.

    So can you all send me links to patterns....or pictures of your own..I just need some ideas???

    Thanks a bunch!
    Hey I have a PICTURE not the pattern of a Cross Quilt that I am going to make. I can email you the picture. It looks VERY VERY easy to do as it is all squares.
    I may have it already..is it a water color pattern?hehe....

    I sent you my email address.....Thanks a bunch!

  4. #4
    MelodyWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mesa,Az
    Posts
    1,277
    This is the only one I've made..ended up making a few last year..but picture is of the unfinished one !!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #5
    Junior Member Quilter Lois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    166
    search for religious wall hangings, or church wall hangings or something along that line. I have seen them on a website but can't remember.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sturbridge, Ma
    Posts
    4,014
    Try to get your hands on a book titled "Patchwork Pilgramige" Its out of print but perhaps yu can find a used copy. I think that last word in title is mispelled.

    I looked it up. It is Patchwork Pilgrimage and Amazon has it as low as 3.39. Great resource for religious themed patchwork.

  7. #7
    Super Member Teddybear Lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    3,326
    You might try looking under "church banners". That's what they are called at some churches.

  8. #8
    Super Member charismah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    8,915
    Blog Entries
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Holice
    Try to get your hands on a book titled "Patchwork Pilgramige" Its out of print but perhaps yu can find a used copy. I think that last word in title is mispelled.

    I looked it up. It is Patchwork Pilgrimage and Amazon has it as low as 3.39. Great resource for religious themed patchwork.
    OK Thanks! I ordered it....I will let you know If I make anything! :thumbup:

  9. #9
    Super Member charismah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    8,915
    Blog Entries
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady
    You might try looking under "church banners". That's what they are called at some churches.
    Thanks! I will do that!

  10. #10
    Super Member amazon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,612
    Blog Entries
    4
    Charismah, I bookmarked this one by-Jo Doherty- very pretty!http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-91897-1.htm Good luck! :D

  11. #11
    Super Member charismah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    8,915
    Blog Entries
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter Lois
    search for religious wall hangings, or church wall hangings or something along that line. I have seen them on a website but can't remember.
    I have done a search....but I know this a resourceful bunch!

  12. #12
    Super Member charismah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    8,915
    Blog Entries
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by MelodyWB
    This is the only one I've made..ended up making a few last year..but picture is of the unfinished one !!
    Is there a name of pattern or a book that that is located?

  13. #13
    Super Member Teddybear Lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    3,326
    I just typed in "church banner patterns" on the search box and got a lot of places to try.

  14. #14
    Super Member charismah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    8,915
    Blog Entries
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by amazon
    Charismah, I bookmarked this one by-Jo Doherty- very pretty!http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-91897-1.htm Good luck! :D
    Oh That's beautiful..Thanks!

  15. #15
    Super Member amazon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,612
    Blog Entries
    4
    And here is another, Charismah, by catlover , http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-114664-1.htm Beautiful also. And this one, gorgeous,http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-141884-1.htm and this one http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-143649-1.htm by eastermarie ****** Added**** http://churchbannerpatterns.com/ nice site too.

  16. #16
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    8,604
    Blog Entries
    14
    Can't wait to see what u make! I have a couple panels. If ur interested Pm me and I'll tell u what I have.

  17. #17
    Super Member fabric_fancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    at my sewing machine
    Posts
    1,975
    i've always like this one. its a Storm at Sea but with a cross.


    http://www.quilterscache.com/images12/eugenesstorm.jpg

  18. #18
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bosque County, Texas
    Posts
    2,705
    Many churches make "banners" and hang them in the sanctuary. There are companies that sell them ready made or sell the kits for them. These are usually made from satins and frequently have beads, crystals, fringe or other embellishments on them. The theme of the banner is always related to the Bible in some way, usually it will depict a phrase or a Bible verse, i.e., Lion of Judah or Lamb of God. Many of the ones I have seen are breath-takingly beautiful, extremely ornate yet very tastefully done. I think the very best of them could almost be compared to the Old Masters' oil paintings. I know that your wall hanging will be this quality. Please post a picture.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Mrs B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    507
    Blog Entries
    7
    This is a photo of a banner in a church in New Jersey Charismah. It might be of interest to you.
    Hope I can post this pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

  20. #20
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Jeffersonville, In
    Posts
    2,239
    You might try www.patternsoffaith.com. There might be something there you can use.

  21. #21
    Super Member Maride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,882

  22. #22
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,123
    No specific links ... though I have seen Bible BOMs


    While the church has asked you to do something and given you an open field ... I think you'd be better to get some input as to what they truly want. They may want to reflect a specific scripture passage? or their own mission statement? or more!

    Not wanting to put a damper on this, more so a word of caution ... be very clear on who your contact is, the contracted fees/inclusions and who says yes/no to what you are doing, etc. Sad to say, often times Church business involvement ends up in more of a nightmare than happiness.

  23. #23
    Super Member charismah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    8,915
    Blog Entries
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs B
    This is a photo of a banner in a church in New Jersey Charismah. It might be of interest to you.
    Hope I can post this pic
    It's beautiful! Thank you!

  24. #24
    Super Member charismah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    8,915
    Blog Entries
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
    i've always like this one. its a Storm at Sea but with a cross.


    http://www.quilterscache.com/images12/eugenesstorm.jpg
    I Love that one! I think that would be easy enough to do! Thanks!

    I will look at her site!

  25. #25
    Super Member charismah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    8,915
    Blog Entries
    29
    Thanks Everybody! I am getting great ideas for now and the future!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.