Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reorganized!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    I just mention the baseball cards.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    This thread is too funny!!! :mrgreen:
    Keep em coming!! lol
    Karen, you really made my day. I've been laughing since this one started :D

My husband knows better. He has golf clubs he has used maybe six times in 10 years. He has a Harley he maybe puts 1000 miles a year on just riding to work on good weather days, mowers, blowers, saws, etc. etc. For the first 15 years or so of our marriage he was a trap shooter, guns, ammo, entrance fees etc. etc.
    Being involved with Linus has been great. I now have an excuse to buy more fabric.

SUCH cute ideas, I have to rememebr these for when I need them!
    Thanks for the laughs ladies1
    Hace a good day! :)

Blog Entries
    My husband collects comic books and I've told him if I had a FQ for every comic books he owns so far I need to get out there and shop, shop, shop. There are some weeks I don't buy any fabric and he's still buying comic books!

Dee
    My DH stands and watches me go thru all the aisles and just says-I know it screamed-buy me. How many times I just needed 1 more piece for a special quilt I haven't started yet, but soon. When we moved from AZ. to Pa. that was a hoot. The mover said-did you own a fabric store? Dh said-no she is wraping the world in fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by walen
    Say that some of your fabric has gotten old, and you have to treat it differently in order to use it. It has just lost it's strength and can't be trusted to hold up in a quilt. Say that if you are going to use the old fabric and have the quilt last, at least half of the fabric must be new! You'll just have to re-stock!
    ROFLMBO! I will have to remember this !

I have the same problem. I have a few hobbies such as quilting, crocheting, knitting, painting so I have taken over some space in two rooms. When I made a comment to him about all his "hoarding" he said "don't you do the same thing with you material?" Let me tell you what he has taken over. First of all the entire garage (no place to park my car in the winter, then there is a small shed (full also), then there is a pole barn (I am not sure the size but you could park 4 cars in it easily. All of this is filled to capacity plus there is basement space (not a lot here thank you). I will not allow him to bring anything into the house; so you know now where it ends up. He is a hoarder (with wood, tools, nails (jars and jars of these), glue, and whatever has to do with MANLY remodeling stuff. He is now going on 74 years with RA and too darn old and hurting to be able to use 1/10 of the "Saved" material. At least I don't have to look at it because I NEVER to into those places, scary. Just his little kingdom of stuff. All is not terrible just cluttered (outside not in the house. If I could figure out how to send pictures I could show the scenes. His motto "I will already have it when I need it"; so then why the trips to Home Depot (I know why, its because he is unable to find what he then needs. All in all he does not compain of my stuff or my messes or if I work alot on my hobbies. So no need for me to complain because I don't see his stuff. Sorry for the long note, good time for me to sort of vent. Thanks for the space here. Love all of you and this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottle Blonde
    I use the excuse that I am stocking up for retirement.
    Yep, this one worked for me!!! :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by texas granny
    Is he a Tool guy tell him you don't ask him how many tools he need to fix wall or what ever.
    I am remembering this advice!!!!!!!!! Great idea!!!

I tell my husband that my fabric stash provides insulation for the house in the cold winters in Ohio --- and therefore saves money on heating bills!

Quote Originally Posted by mpspeedy
    My husband knows better. He has golf clubs he has used maybe six times in 10 years. He has a Harley he maybe puts 1000 miles a year on just riding to work on good weather days, mowers, blowers, saws, etc. etc. For the first 15 years or so of our marriage he was a trap shooter, guns, ammo, entrance fees etc. etc.
    Wow... sounds like you are married to MY husband... although my husband doesnt actually own the Harley yet, he has been warning me that he wants to trade up.
    Hmmmmmmm I think I am gathering LOTS of ammunition. I will have to think about how to get a LA out of this whole deal..... sounds like the perfect time!
    Thanks for the inspirations once again!

.....And I about fell off my chair laughing about having to clean the coffee spit off the keyboard.

Are all of you talking about your husbands or just mine?

Quote Originally Posted by Bottle Blonde
    I use the excuse that I am stocking up for retirement.
    I tried that one on my son when he moved some of my stuff. All I got was a dirty look and a smirk! :hunf:

Blog Entries
    Take out half of it and hide it under the bed. Men never go under there!!!!! Then just say,"Oh it really wasn't as much as it looked like now that I've got it organized. Either that or you can teach him to quilt. That way it'll be his idea to get more.

Sooooooo!! Does DH hunt, fish, have a camper????? I do have a lot of "stuff" in my stash, but it has never equaled to the cost of one camper!!!!!!!! I could have had a mansion of a sewing room not to mention the long arm quilting machine for much less than the above listed items!!!!!!!!! And there's not too much he would dare to say to me without getting a big boot in the you know where!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kathome
    OK - - here's the scene.

Things are getting a bit out of hand and the "back bedroom" (ha ha) was, shall we say getting a bit crowded. So I get a brilliant idea and make a trip to Walmart and pick up a boat load of those Sterlite organizer drawers. Once and for all I am determined to organize all of my yarn, thread (I've been a crocheter for over 40 years) and fabric, notions - shall I go on?

It was quite an undertaking and totally worth the time and effort, but most unfortunately, my DH happened into the room and stood aghast at my stashes and proclaimed loudly, "You have enough fabric to make a dozen quilts and enough yarn to keep the Army warm." Ut-oh - - I'm busted.

So now I'm wondering how I can justify my next trip to the store?
    Well dear I just didn't have that color & I really need it to bring out the rest in this quilt or afghan or sweater. I promise I won't spend much darlin & didn't you want a nice steak for dinner & Mrs Smith's apple pies are on sale as well as your favorite ice cream. Bye honey, see you later. Got him :lol:

Think our DHs are all related? I just say I just need to find the right binding or whatever, I can use up 3-4 of these pieces that I have.
    Would also like to see pictures of your reorganization that's what I need organization

community benefactor p38flygirl's Avatar
    Well, MY hubby has 3 motorcycles [BMW]...So I have a long way to catch up to his hobbies.....

You are determined to use all of this fabric that you just found but none of it matches one another because you bought it all on sale or clearance (probably true, right?) If you buy just a liitle more, you can use it up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltin mimi
    You are determined to use all of this fabric that you just found but none of it matches one another because you bought it all on sale or clearance (probably true, right?) If you buy just a liitle more, you can use it up.
    Ohhhhh.... good one.

OK - - here's the scene.

Things are getting a bit out of hand and the "back bedroom" (ha ha) was, shall we say getting a bit crowded. So I get a brilliant idea and make a trip to Walmart and pick up a boat load of those Sterlite organizer drawers. Once and for all I am determined to organize all of my yarn, thread (I've been a crocheter for over 40 years) and fabric, notions - shall I go on?

It was quite an undertaking and totally worth the time and effort, but most unfortunately, my DH happened into the room and stood aghast at my stashes and proclaimed loudly, "You have enough fabric to make a dozen quilts and enough yarn to keep the Army warm." Ut-oh - - I'm busted.

So now I'm wondering how I can justify my next trip to the store?
    Trade him for 2 little dogs, like I did.....lolol just kidding :roll:

Some great ideas here, my Husband has seen my fabric a couple of times and doesn't say a word. After 48-1/2 years I guess he has finally learned it wouldn't do a bit of good. See sometimes they do get smarter with age.

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    I'm sorry to laugh but that's just so funny! I think many of us can empathize with you. I like the artistic comment though.
    I also chuckled b/c WE know that you have enough fabric for more than a dozen quilts probably lol :D
    I totally denied it. I said something very nonchalant along the lines of, "oh, you don't know how much fabric it takes to make a quilt. It may LOOK like a lot but it isn't really." hehehehehe.
    OMG I'm gonna pee!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    This one cracked me up!! Yep, I know all about the truck load of Sterlite drawers, bins (and I can't get the lids off once they're "snapped") etc. I never seem to have enough. I buy the smaller ones and then find they're too small, so I repurpose them elsewhere in the house, and then to for more -- only larger, etc., etc., etc. And another thing I don't seem to have enough of is "matching fabric."

Just say you need more containers. Put the fabric in to the container when you bring it in the house and he will never know.lol

My husband never said a word about any craft items. When we moved to Florida I had a complete craft room to move. It was the largest room in the house. I made things a little easier by gifting 2 totes of yarn to my SIL. Like that even made a dent in the material. the paints, the wood, or the patterns. He is such a sweetie. He just likes me happy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast