Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Resolution to CT quilt kit error >

Resolution to CT quilt kit error

Resolution to CT quilt kit error

Old 03-05-2015, 03:45 AM

Red face Resolution to CT quilt kit error

I'm happy to report after several emails back and forth that CT has come through. She offered to give me a refund and apologized for the problem I was having with their kit.
She explained how that came to be. Apparently it wasn't one of their kits and had just put it together with one of their fabric lines that differed from the posted picture.
I also wanted to confirm that their fabrics are still USA made. That info still to come. And I asked why their new lines are so much more expensive. I'll let you know if that information becomes available.
So I'm happy to say I can continue shopping at CT.
SVAL
Old 03-05-2015, 04:12 AM

Great to know that they do stand behind their products. I have purchased a number of kits and fabric from them and it has been beautiful. Thank you for sharing your experience. It helps all of us.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:34 AM

CT now has lines of fabric from outside designers and they explained the price would be higher in their catalog a handful of months ago. They still have their own lines at the very nice price. I made one of their kits for a queen size quilt and love, love, love it. Also use their thread; especially the variegated group.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:08 AM
Power Poster

I'm pretty sure CT has said the fabric was made in North America not USA. The fabric lines that are higher in price are other designers fabrics, not made or designed by CT. This was explained in detail in their catalog and on their website and in their emails.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:50 AM
Power Poster

I am pretty sure CT never advertised their fabric was made in the USA. What they used to advertise was that their fabric was made with USA grown cotton. The mills are still located outside the country where the end product is made. If you go to their website, nowhere does it state the fabric is made in the USA. These two links will probably answer a lot of your questions:

http://www.connectingthreads.com/cfPromo/about.cfm

http://www.connectingthreads.com/cfP...y_shop_with_us

I have always found them a very easy company to do business with. One time I ordered a yard of batik from them and they sent the wrong color. I contacted them, they said keep the wrong one and sent me the right one. Great customer service.

I also did business with The Artists Club back when I did tole painting.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
I am pretty sure CT never advertised their fabric was made in the USA. What they used to advertise was that their fabric was made with USA grown cotton. The mills are still located outside the country where the end product is made. If you go to their website, nowhere does it state the fabric is made in the USA. These two links will probably answer a lot of your questions:

http://www.connectingthreads.com/cfPromo/about.cfm

http://www.connectingthreads.com/cfP...y_shop_with_us

I have always found them a very easy company to do business with. One time I ordered a yard of batik from them and they sent the wrong color. I contacted them, they said keep the wrong one and sent me the right one. Great customer service.

I also did business with The Artists Club back when I did tole painting.
thanks for the links: but I couldn't find where they actually state where the fabrics are manufactured.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:46 AM

I have ordered from CT many times and have always been pleased. Use their thread for piecing and the cotton cones on the LA. Prices are great.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:44 AM

Yes, CT announced some time ago that in addition to their own great and affordable fabrics, they are now carrying Northcott, Robert Kaufman, Riley Blake, Cotton + Steel, Michael Miller, Andover, etc.

I don't recall them ever claiming that their fabric was all USA made, though. I've always been happy with CT's products and Customer Service.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:49 AM

It's good to know they have such good customer service. I have ordered from them several times and never had a problem.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:41 PM

They are the only company I order from on line pretty much, great prices, great customer service and reasonable shipping to Canada.