Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rick Rack and lace used in/on quilts.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I've washed ric rac in the washer. I just use the smaller lingerie bags and wash in warm water with Woolite on delicate or handwash cycle. Then toss into the dryer for about 10 minutes. I use a cool setting on my iron with a pressing cloth for the really delicate lace.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    I've used Rick Rack in the borders. It makes turning the edge down easier. My quilting friend always frown when I have Rick Rack on a quilt top.....
    That is beautiful Joellyn!

Here is a vest my Mom made me several years ago. It was a crazy quilt. She said she would never do a crazy quilt again! LOL I requested it. I liked the crazy quilt pattern. I still wear it now and again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tracy Delegal; 07-13-2013 at 07:28 AM.

The last rick rack I purchased was 100% polyester, which did not shrink or curl. I sewed it into the binding. Sorry, if it is hard to see in the attached photo.Name:  baby quilt for care center director.JPG
Views: 252
Size:  989.8 KB

SStems for appliqued flowers, trim for Sunbonnet Sue, all kinds of embelishment. Just try out different things

Crazy Quilts!

Hi, Some time back I had some pretty print but way too bright, enter curtain fabric. The design was only 6" squares with tram tracks and cornerstones. I cut the lace to cover the squares and used softer colours in the rest of the quilt. My elderly friend was very pleased with it.

Blog Entries
    I have been doing some research on rick rack and you can make some beautiful flowers with rick rack. I was thining a wall quilt since you would not be able to wash it. If you search on utube you will see some video. Very, Very easy to make.

I made a Sunbonnet Sue quilt for my grandaughter and used rick rack and lace on all the bonnets and dresses and it turned out really cute...
    llweezie

And there are always Crazy Quilts. You could add anything and everything you wanted.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2