Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Right sides together, right sides together >

Right sides together, right sides together

Right sides together, right sides together

Old 06-04-2011, 03:52 AM

Years ago I bought a really neat print to make a blouse or something. I really did not have enough fabric as it was a remnant, so I had to cut the pieces individually. I got it all to fit, cut out, and was excited to make the blouse. To my utter dismay I had forgotten to flip the pattern piece over when I made the opposing side so I had all left sides for the blouse. I still mourn for that blouse.
Phyllis
Old 06-04-2011, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by pdriggs
Years ago I bought a really neat print to make a blouse or something. I really did not have enough fabric as it was a remnant, so I had to cut the pieces individually. I got it all to fit, cut out, and was excited to make the blouse. To my utter dismay I had forgotten to flip the pattern piece over when I made the opposing side so I had all left sides for the blouse. I still mourn for that blouse.
Phyllis
lol! I did that with my second "quilt' it was a Christmas tree and I made two right sides by following the instructions diligently. The right ones twice!
Old 06-04-2011, 01:58 PM

I've only been at it for three weeks shy of a year so I can honestly say I've been there and done that a few times and will probably do it again and I really hate my seam ripper.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:18 PM

Oh man, I hate it when that happens! Last week when I was really tired, I sewed 13 of 18 log cabin block pieces to the wrong side of the block. Good grief, I should have gone to bed!!
Old 06-04-2011, 08:05 PM

Just want to admit that I'm an expert "ripper"! It has taken a lot of practice, but I'm happy to say I'm excelling. And I can remove stitches on a long arm frame and not leave any thread to find on the bottom. Just keep practicing and you'll get good at it too! LOL!!
Old 06-04-2011, 10:23 PM

LOL. Sorry, I feel for you. Been there and done that myself and will probably do it again. I just did that the other night sewing the long (not short one) border! I'm getting really good at un-sewing.