Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rip off??? >

Rip off???

Rip off???

Old 02-10-2009, 11:21 AM

the only time i had a problem getting what i paid for (health benefits - wouldn't you know) i called the att'y general in the state of origin.

after being jerked around for four days and finally crying because i could not get my siezure meds, the att'y general in p.a. got them moving in 20 minutes, i kid you not!

by the way it was AETNA.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Banned

Well, after a letter paypal and the BBB, I received my password today,,,Thanks for the help!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 01:46 PM

But do you WANT it? That's not a very good way to start a business dealing. Will they send you patterns the same way? I'd just have requested my money back...but then I don't put up with to many rip off folks anymore. Fighting for my Roy gave me lots more backbone.

Good Luck with them,
Sharon
Old 02-10-2009, 03:22 PM

Just for future reference -- if you use a Credit Card with paypal, you can reverse the charges through the credit card, indepentant of paypal. They get upset when you do this, but as their policy regarding disputed charges is -- well, less than helpful, as DH and I have found, you can go around them.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:16 PM

Not a quilter, but married to one which explains my interesting in quilting forums. I have a "techie/business" background and thought you might be interested in what I have learned concerning questionable websites. My comments are general in nature and are not directed at a specific website.

In my experience, if I come across a website that meets all of the following criteria, I avoid them!

1. Only offers a post office box (no physical address)
2. Does not list a phone number (this is a biggie)
3. Only accepts PayPal

Depending on your age run, walk or crawl (me) away as fast as you can!

Additionally, if you do a "Whois" search and you find the site owner's contact information is hidden and the website name is due to expire in a year or less, be careful. If you had a viable online store, wouldn't you want to protect your domain name for more than a year at-a-time? It only cost about $49 to protect your domain name for 5 years!

One cannot say with absolute certainty that all online stores that meet the above criteria are not well intentioned, but research shows the existence of such parameters necessitates extreme caution.

Every month my wife asks me to give the readers of her newsletter a techie tip based on my years of working with Internet related businesses. If you go to the following link and click on Volume 1 Issue 7 and then click on “Techie Tom Tips” you find more free information that might be helpful in determining the reputation of an online store.

http://www.nancyprince.com/Newsletter_Archives.html

I hope this information helps you avoid frustrating and costly Internet shopping experiences.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Banned

Ty for the tip. Something dummies like me need. I did finally resolve the issue with them, but I had to contactPayPal and also the Better Business Bureau,and sent them an e mail letting them know I did that. I received my password right away.
I would advise anyone to steer clear of that site though,,,,too much trouble.