Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Roberts sewing table >

Roberts sewing table

Roberts sewing table

Old 02-10-2007, 08:31 AM

I am looking at a dual sewing table that has an insert for my sewing maching and one for my serger. Just wondering if any of you have one like it and do you love it? I haven't found another brand that offers this same style but the price is pretty high ($750) so haven't positively decided. Also, it is a discontinued model but of course, there is one left???
Thanks for any response.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Suz

I don't use my serger as often as my regular machine so it sits along the wall. My serger sits on top of an old typing table with wheels and a drop-down leaf. I just wheel it closer when I need to use it.

If the typing table idea appeals to you, you can probably find one at an office supply store who deals with used desks, etc.

Suz
Old 04-23-2010, 08:20 PM

We just got back from the AQS Quilt Show in Paducah and are always impressed by these tables: http://www.seweziusa.com/

I don't have one of these and don't really need one but I think they are neat and reasonably priced. They make the insert for each machine so I don't see why you couldn't buy an insert for each type of machine you want to sit in the table. It should be possible for any furniture that comes with an insert. You should even be able to do it yourself if you have the tools to cut acrylic.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:16 AM
Suz

Glass cutters also cut acrylic. Just provide the pattern.

I had acrylic cut to fit a drawer. It had been left over when I had some kitchen work done. I fastened a fluorescent bulb in the bottom (turned on), had a cutout for the cord tail, fastened the acrylic to the top. Made myself a light box. Cheap and easy. Suzanne