Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Romanian Quilt Charity??? >

Romanian Quilt Charity???

Romanian Quilt Charity???

Old 06-13-2009, 07:31 AM
Administrator

i deleted all but one of greenfairy's posts because they were lures to a commercial website. i recommended she contact Admin to arrange paid advertising. she posted more lures afterward which have also been deleted.

i also deleted the charity posts because i've been unable to find any independent information on the internet. i checked two of the most highly recommended registries for non-profit organizations.

i left this post because she started a useful and interesting discussion about pricing and setting delivery times for professional longarmers. http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/21251.page

having written all the above, let me also point out that just because i couldn't find the charity doesn't prove it doesn't exist or isn't legitimate. i've asked greenfairy to send me some researchable information.

i'm also keeping in mind that many of our members were already professionals when they joined us and others have gotten the encouragement here they needed to become professionals. everybody makes mistakes. we can give her a chance to proves she wants to "be us" and not just sell to us or take from us.

we're going to spend our money somewhere. there's nothing wrong with "keeping it in the family." but as any daughter-in-law you know. she'll tell you that becoming a part of the family takes more than a wedding and license. it takes time and participation, and doing her fair share.

i have to do my job and protect the interests of the board and our members. but i'm also trying to not rush to judgement. let's keep the door open to greenfairy and see what happens. :wink:
Old 06-13-2009, 07:39 AM
Power Poster

Very well put Patrice :D
Old 06-13-2009, 07:55 AM

Well done, Patrice. I really like how you are handling this - very diplomatic and balanced.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

Well said Patricia, great job!
Old 06-13-2009, 08:12 AM
Administrator

judi will be posting some additional information about her charity under classifieds with my permission. it may be that it's new and small enough that it still "flies under the radar".

using the EIN judi provided, i was able to verify a listing with the state of utah.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:21 AM
Banned

patrice

greenfairy is now using PM to raise money for her charity.

i told her it was distasteful to use PM in this matter when she clearly knows its a violation of the forum rules.

i also told her to take out advertisements like everyone if she wants to promote her business just like everyone else.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:29 AM
Administrator

the permitted post should not be considered an endorsement. just a source of information individuals should use as a starting point in their research and decision making process.

sometimes a journey starts with the first few steps. sometimes it takes a stumble or two through the mud puddle at the starting line. i think she knows we'll be watchin' like hawks. kind-hearted hopeful hawks, to be sure, but watchin' all the same. :wink:
Old 06-13-2009, 08:31 AM

I can see some people are upset. I just want everyone to know I wasn't using PM to raise money. A handful of people were asking where my initial post went, so I used PM to tell them they could contact me if they wanted more info. I'm not trying to raise money, but instead trying to promote my new Charity. I've spent thousands of my own money, and had many requests for people wanting to know how they could help. So, on the classifieds page I'll give that information out.

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2009, 08:37 AM

I'm willing to give her a chance...let us know what you find out...
Old 06-13-2009, 01:07 PM

I have been in nonprofit finance and administration for over 30 years and I have to say greenfairy is giving all nonprofits a blackeye with her behavior here. Her mission may be worthy, but her methods and her actions are hurting other small organizations at a time when they can least afford to lose the confidence of donors. :evil: