Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Rotary Cutter Blades

There is a store online that you can order 'carpet blades' from that will fit your Olfa 45 mm rotary cutters. They sell them for $1.79 for 2 blades.

http://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of...des-97642.html

I cannot afford to purchase 5 blades for $40 or even $50. This is something to look into.

Blog Entries
    Harbor Freight stores also carry them if you have this store in your area. I do & have used these blades & they work just fine.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    First of all, welcome to the board! Yes, they work great! Last summer someone found out and we all bought tons of them!
    Thanks for posting for people who don't know :D:D

Blog Entries
    Thank you for posting the complete information. Had heard about Harbor Freight but scoured their site from top to bottom and never found the blades.

Formerly NY, IL, AL, TN, HI, FL, AL, MD and Germany. Now living in TN again. Moving to Arkansas
    The Harbor Freights store here rarely has them in stock so I order online. They work great and a whole lot cheaper!

I found out about those blades from this forum and found some at Harbor Freight today. Awesome.

Check this out:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/bath-sa...dle-96086.html
    I bought one of these and it works great on my 6 X 24 ruler.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlienQuilter
    I found out about those blades from this forum and found some at Harbor Freight today. Awesome.

Check this out:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/bath-sa...dle-96086.html
    I bought one of these and it works great on my 6 X 24 ruler.
    Wow, didn't think to look for that at Harbor Freight, daughter got me one from Bed,Bath &Beyond, cost me $12.99, lot better price from Harbor Freight...I love mine, got me a smaller grip from Connecting Threads for smaller rulers. Sure keeps the fingers up and out of the way...

FYI...
    The owner of one of our local quilt shops has been using the Harbor Freight blades in her shop since last summer. Now she buys them and keeps them in the store to sell to new people who come in. Its a fun, friendly shop that people come from all over the state to shop.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peacebypiece
    FYI...
    The owner of one of our local quilt shops has been using the Harbor Freight blades in her shop since last summer. Now she buys them and keeps them in the store to sell to new people who come in. Its a fun, friendly shop that people come from all over the state to shop.
    I had a different experience. I mentioned the Harbor Freight blades to a lady working in a local quilt shop, and she sniffed and wondered if the blades would harm my Olfa cutting mat. I hate that quilt store lady snif!

I just got my order of blades from Harbor Freight and they are great (and no damage to my cutting mat, of course).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeslieFrost
    Quote Originally Posted by peacebypiece
    FYI...
    I had a different experience. I mentioned the Harbor Freight blades to a lady working in a local quilt shop, and she sniffed and wondered if the blades would harm my Olfa cutting mat. I hate that quilt store lady snif!

I just got my order of blades from Harbor Freight and they are great (and no damage to my cutting mat, of course).
    We've all heard that "quilt store lady sniff". That's too funny.

There are more women in Harbor Freight than ever before.
    Just look for the carpet cutter aisle!

Blog Entries
    No Harbor Freights in my area that I know of, in fact, I never heard of them but will be on the lookout for the blades in other stores. Maybe I'll just bookmark this and when I get more time, I'll go online and order some. Thanks for putting this info out here.

Oh yes, love the harbor freight blades. there have been several threads on this board about them. I've had no trouble with them or my mats.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
    Oh yes, love the harbor freight blades. there have been several threads on this board about them. I've had no trouble with them or my mats.
    What????? Mats, too? Dang, my Harbor Freight list just keeps getting longer and longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey
    What????? Mats, too? Dang, my Harbor Freight list just keeps getting longer and longer.
    I think she meant that they don't ruin her mats.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Demshine
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey
    I think she meant that they don't ruin her mats.
    :lol: OH!!