Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Round Robin question >

Round Robin question

Round Robin question

Old 02-11-2012, 09:33 AM

Default Round Robin question

My sister is envolved with a round robin quilt. The first row is a hourglass... she has the second round... any suggestions. She feels hourglass is pretty busy and stumped as to what to use... she can put a plain border between, but would rather not... thanks. Quilter 1234
Old 02-11-2012, 09:47 AM

Are there any requirements for the next round? when I did a round robin, each row had a different technique, like squares/rectangles, curves, paper-pieced, applique, etc. Also, how large is the hourglass? and can you show a picture? otherwise, for me, it's hard to make a suggestion.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Banned

you can do narrow borders with a patchwork in the center of each side and in the corners.
I agree that there might need some breathing between rows. Qulters who do RR tend to try and be elaborate in adding their part. I recently did one and each time I added the breathing space with some pick up of the center motif in the corners and or at 1/2 point in the sides. My suggestion is don't try and be elaborate. The finished product may look like a jumbled up bunch of designs.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:03 PM

All good questions, none of which I asked..... I will try and get more info. thank you.
Originally Posted by nycquilter View Post
Are there any requirements for the next round? when I did a round robin, each row had a different technique, like squares/rectangles, curves, paper-pieced, applique, etc. Also, how large is the hourglass? and can you show a picture? otherwise, for me, it's hard to make a suggestion.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:04 PM

My thinking too of Round Robins... they get pretty busy. I will try and get her to send more info. thanks
Originally Posted by Holice View Post
you can do narrow borders with a patchwork in the center of each side and in the corners.
I agree that there might need some breathing between rows. Qulters who do RR tend to try and be elaborate in adding their part. I recently did one and each time I added the breathing space with some pick up of the center motif in the corners and or at 1/2 point in the sides. My suggestion is don't try and be elaborate. The finished product may look like a jumbled up bunch of designs.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Power Poster

Is it a row robin- where you add a row or a round robin where you add around the whole center ?
Old 02-11-2012, 12:13 PM

where you add around the whole center, I believe.
Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
Is it a row robin- where you add a row or a round robin where you add around the whole center ?