Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ruler Rack >

Ruler Rack

Ruler Rack

Old 05-26-2010, 03:29 PM

I have a divided stand that similar to one that holds up baking sheets.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:57 PM

I have one just like that. It is 12 x 24 and 3 inches deep. the slots for the rulers are cut in at an angle. There are 2 posts with a dowel in the 3 inch depth one is the back support the front is where the slots are and the dowel is in the middle. It will hold your square and odd shape rulers like your 12x12 The just slide in behind the posts with the slots for your regular rulers. Hope this helps.

It also has two strips for a base that are about 1 x 7, with slots also to hold rulers so you can stand it up. I really like mine on the wall takes less room. I love my ruler holder.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Tails
This one looks very nice but since I don't have any extra table space, this is what I did with my rulers on a kitchen utensil holder from IKEA. It's mounted on the side of a bookshelf

I believe I like your idea better than the standing one I was going to have made. Thank you sooooo very much!!! If I can't find a utensil holder thingy here, (we don't have IKEA) then I'll get one in Ottawa at the IKEA there, when I go to my son's wedding in September. You guys are truly awesome, you always help us when we ask, so thank you very very much.
If it's a "standard kitchen pot rack" thingy, you should be able to find something similar at a Bed, Bath & Beyond or Target or someplace like that, if you have those near you.

I can't imagine life without an Ikea. I think we got the second or third store in the US. ALL my furniture was from there until I inherited the "good stuff" when my parents passed.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:22 AM
Google Goddess

great ideas, thanks all for sharing!