Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sad but what a winner >

sad but what a winner

sad but what a winner

Old 07-28-2010, 07:47 AM

I had a message that the craft shop where I sell my cards was closing down on friday, so sad she has only had the shop for 2 years but things have had a down turn so she can't keep going.
so I called in today to pick up my cards and a lady had ordered $50.00 worth so I had a double suprise
not only did I have some money coming to me, she had everything on sale for half price, boy if I had more money I could have spent up big time but as it was I bought a whole roll of iron on vyleen at half price and cottons and tools plus plus plus, and I only had to find another $30.00.
I also had a dental apointment and as It finished earlier than I thought i went to my favourite shop and they had some antique style pannels out at $1.00 per mtr so I bought 7 metres not sure what I will do with it yet but give me time and I will work something out, also some rubber backed curtain material for the same price, I am going to make some shopping bags / enviro bags I never seem to have enough the ones you buy can't be washed more than a couple of times so these will last forever. maybe I will make enviro bags out of some of the pannels, they would have to be lined tho to give them strength
Old 07-28-2010, 08:15 AM

Sorry your shop to sell at is closing!
Are you going to try and find another place?
Old 07-28-2010, 08:23 AM

not for the moment I don't have time to make cards now and everything is in a room in the shed so it's not a work friendly area, but maybe one day I will find somewhere again.