Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Safe to ship a sewing machine in original packaging? >

Safe to ship a sewing machine in original packaging?

Safe to ship a sewing machine in original packaging?

Old 01-19-2012, 05:20 PM

UPS has a great packing program and will put anything inside a box with more styro and air bag pkging.... they also have an inexpensive insurance program... i have had many knitting machines sent to me by them and all have been great...
Old 01-19-2012, 06:19 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

I bought a Janome 1600p recently, not on eBay but on the net. It came in the originial box, with the original syro, and was perfect.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by so-sew View Post
NanaCsews2, this machine is several years old (not sure how many, but maybe three?), but hasn't been used much. Do you know how long the warrantee is good for? I didn't think that warrantees on machines usually transfer with ownership.
I don't know about the warranties transferring, so here is their policy from the website
http://www.babylock.com/warranty-policy/
Mine was purchased at a quilt shop (retailer)that has since gone out of business. The machine was 15 (I am thinking maybe even 17 months) old as a demo model, and I received the full 25 year warranty. As far as UPS packing program, we have used both the UPS depot to mail packages, and the UPS Packaging Stores. They do a great job at the stores packing and shipping and insurance, but when you don't package it yourself, the expense is really up there. Locally anyway. We shipped 8 boxes of dishes and odds and ends across 4 states and the bill was $1300+. Ouch. They also shipped a box inside of a box. Again, they did a great job packaging it up and getting it to our friends within a week with no problems.