Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
For Sale Section?? >

For Sale Section??

For Sale Section??

Old 06-14-2021, 03:53 AM

Default For Sale Section??

Hello--over the weekend I ended up with 4 plastic totes filled with quilting fabrics from an estate. They do have that packed away smell, but pre-washing would take care of that. (side note, I was in a fabric store and it was so perfume smelling all the fabric had that same smell). Any way, one entire tote had quilt top kits. Meaning the person had purchased the pattern (or pattern was free) and then all of the yardage it called for for the quilt top. There are 6 of these. All of them make very large quilts--Twin bed or larger. There are a couple Patriotic wall hanging kits, as well. I would like to sell these at a very reasonable price, but I couldn't find a section on this forum where people could post things for sale. Yes I could use ebay, but there are so many wonderful quilters I have "met" on here over the very short time I have been posting and reading here. So I thought I would ask if this forum has a ForSale/Wanted section?
Old 06-14-2021, 04:01 AM

I have never noticed that they allow that option on the Quiltboard site, but you could click on the "contact us" box at the bottom of the page and ask them direct. I think that would be a nice addition to the board.
Old 06-14-2021, 04:13 AM

there is a section called Members only thrift shop and yard sale. looks like you can post there. I don't think its used much but its a place to start.
Old 06-14-2021, 04:13 AM

The forum has a “Members only thrift shop and yard sale” category heading. Check the forum button below the heading at top of page. Go down to that listing and click on it.
Old 06-14-2021, 04:26 AM

Yes there is a section for members only - https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...-yard-sale-f6/ One section is for "In Search Of" and the other for "Trade or Sell" Be sure to read the Guidelines at https://www.quiltingboard.com/items-...a-t165381.html

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 06-14-2021, 05:45 AM
Power Poster

At one time, it was a very active section. If you want to try, read this first:

https://www.quiltingboard.com/items-...a-t165381.html

Now, members are encouraged to use other forums/venues to sell their things.

I miss that section a lot.
Old 06-14-2021, 05:55 AM

Go to "sewitsforsale". It's a web site that you can sell sewing and crafts items.
Old 06-14-2021, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
At one time, it was a very active section. If you want to try, read this first:

https://www.quiltingboard.com/items-...a-t165381.html

Now, members are encouraged to use other forums/venues to sell their things.

I miss that section a lot.
I miss that section very much, I bought most of my fabric on this site in its hay day.
Old 06-14-2021, 11:41 AM

I miss it too but there are so many spammers out there that lay in wait for someone to bite. selling would work well for them and probably did. I am always watchful of new comers popping in and immediately want to sell something. we just need to be vigilant.
Old 06-14-2021, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltwoman44 View Post
I miss it too but there are so many spammers out there that lay in wait for someone to bite. selling would work well for them and probably did. I am always watchful of new comers popping in and immediately want to sell something. we just need to be vigilant.
I certainly am not a scammers. I am just a women, a mom, that has begun quilting to work through the very difficult times of the last year and a half. I am not sure what I ever did to make you suggest I was a scammer. Sorry I asked the question.