Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Santa Came To My House In August!

I also have been the receiver from two quilt angels. It is difficult to express how great the feeling was that someone(s) cared. This is the BEST of the BEST of everything. I thank all of you.

There truly are Angels!! Many Blessings to you.

What a wonderful surprise for you.

That's awesome, and THANKS for sharing here....it's always good to hear a good surprise like that one. I too feel as though I've found 'friends' here, and that's not always an easy thing to do (for me anyway)...I've lived here 4 years now and don't feel as if I've really made friends...except some on this board! I even got teary just reading about your surprise!! :) Thanks again for sharing....

That's nice. The first gift I receibed was from Rhonda when I joined this group. Quilters are ge erally nice people I ma'e baby quilta and I give away 2 or3 a year my latest was a sunbonnet sue. Feel blessed leamelon atlanta ga

There are angels all around us and they just love doing their jobs. You are blessed.

Blog Entries
    I am so sorry to hear about your niece, and I also am whispering a prayer for comfort for her.

I make 21 inch dolls (like a rag doll) that flip with common joined skirts. It makes a doll with 2 personalities. One side is dress up with an embroidered face, the other has a nightgown with a sleep face embroidered. They are given away to local kids with cancer. (Yes, I do boy dolls but of course they are not a flip doll) So far I have 15 done and given to the ACS, and 21 cut out (Bodies) waiting for me to get back to work. I made my own pattern for them.

Getting back to the point, I had Christmas in August from all over the USA when I posted one of my dolls here, and over 13 people began sending me fabric and trim for making the dolls more possible. I can hardly contain the heart warming experience it was to have all these folks reaching out to help make a child with cancer happier in this small way. I spend about 12 hours, to bring a doll to 'life' but these children suffer a long time . I have a breathing problem but this and the chemo caps, knitting etc....I can do for them.

Anyway, I can only say thankx to those, and because of this 'board' , packages have come to make the difficult possible. Now, to all those that sent packages, it is your gift to the children for these things and my honor to provide the labor. I will be glad to provide the link if you haven't gone there. Just let me know and I will post it here. I just turned 70.

I can sure understand the thrill of getting an unexpected package, but in my case it was several and for little guys with cancer. THANK YOU EVERYONE....THANK YOU!!! Hope this message wasn't clear as mud.

Vickey Stamps

yes, these unexpected quilting surprises are awesome! I recently sent one to someone that I don't know personally and I hope she liked it. It's a lot of fun sending them, too! :D

My friend and I make dolls for the children who are in terminal care at one of our hospitals. It is so rewarding. Some even go to their siblings who come to visit and need a hug from their own "buddy" Keep up your good work

Blog Entries
    How wonderful for you, it is always wonderful getting a suprise. Wonder what you plan for it?

Clem55, I am so sorry to hear about your niece's troubles. Will keep her in our prayers.

isnt it nice to recieve a surprise package in the mail congrats , someone out there is watching over you to make sure you had a great day

Sundar, so happy for you to be found by an angel. As a member of this board, you now have many friends, you just may not have met us all yet! Smilesssss!
    This is a wonderful place full of kind and thoughtful people. We are all lucky to have found each other.
    Hope you will post some photos of your work!
    Hugs, Linda aka wildyard

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have had a few quilt angels and friends send me birthday gifts this week. I recived one very very spiecal one I will post tomorrow, as I have her permission to do so. I am glad you have recived such a wonderful gift. The ladies and gentalmen are so generosise and kind. God bless.

I too am doing the happy dance for you!!!! And Clem55, your family is in our prayers and thoughts. Hang in there

Wonderful, Quilters have the warmest hearts of any one I have ever been around.

I would say that ....that's what pay it forward is all about-
    Angles come from everywhere and when you least expect it, as you have found.

Wow, Santa in Aug. It sure would be nice if he dropped by here. My DH is on SS and I can't work. Going in for back surgery soon. So I will be down for a while. Trying to get as much done as I can before then. Good Luck on all your sewing and quilting girls and guys.

Good luck on surgery Hope you are Back on your feet soon will pray for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrilin
    Wow, Santa in Aug. It sure would be nice if he dropped by here. My DH is on SS and I can't work. Going in for back surgery soon. So I will be down for a while. Trying to get as much done as I can before then. Good Luck on all your sewing and quilting girls and guys.

MNM

Quote Originally Posted by pab58
    How wonderful!! Wish I had a quilt angel and/or knew how to be a quilt angel to someone. :wink:
    Me too, how do you get the address of those you would like to be an angel for/to. Some times the spirit just hits you and you want to do something for someone.
    Another question how do you get personal massages and how do you send them ?? I think I have one waiting and do not know how to retrive it. I clicked on it and that did not help..

MNM

Me too, how do you get the address of those you would like to be an angel for/to. Some times the spirit just hits you and you want to do something for someone.
    Another question how do you get personal massages and how do you send them ?? I think I have one waiting and do not know how to retrive it. I clicked on it and that did not help..

MNM[/quote]

Well, one way is to ask them in one context, as in sending them something that they ask for, then keeping their address and becoming their angel at a later time. Another is getting their address from a friend who might have asked for something in their name if they have been too shy to ask. A third way is if you see someone else has sent that person something, you can ask that third person to share the address so that you can become an angel. In this third situation, you can search threads from the pay it forward links to see who might have addresses to share.
    As to reading your personal messages, just click on private messages at the top of each page, and that will take you to your INBOX. If you have a message, it will take you right to it, and you can read it in the box under the heading: Private Messages:Inbox.
    Below the new message will be a list of any other messages you have in your inbox. You can click on any of those to see them. Other unread messages will be highlighted as opposed to messages you have read.
    You also have a SENT messages box, where you can review any replies or messages you have sent to other members of the board. You just click either on Inbox or Sent to see the one you wish to read.
    Hugs and smiles and happy reading!!

To send a personal message, just click on the persons name and it will take you to their profile. There you will see in dark letters, Send PM. Just click on that and it will open the send personal message window. Type your message and click send. The person will get your message and a copy will be kept in your SENT file for you to see for review or reminder.

My Post Office will not accept packages without return address. Said it is the law since 9/11. Wish they would.

Quote Originally Posted by martha jo
    My Post Office will not accept packages without return address. Said it is the law since 9/11. Wish they would.
    Perhaps an address but no name?

Blog Entries
    You could always put fake Initials, and a fake address. They do not check it anyway, as long as something is written in the return address spot. I have done this before when trying to surprise someone. Worked!

Blog Entries
    Oh, another thing i have done is put the person's address (the person i am sending the package to) in the return address spot as well. So thier address would be showing twice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast