Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Santa is coming! >

Santa is coming!

Santa is coming!

Old 12-12-2012, 04:58 PM

I tried both the HQ Sweet 16 and the BL Tiara -- and I could not tell any difference whatsoever between the two. The Tiara is made by HQ to Babylock specs. I bought the Tiara in November because I love my dealer and I have a long history with them. They were able to match the HQ deal, so it was a no brainer for me to go with the Tiara. I LOVE this machine. I've quilted two lap quilts and a table runner in the past 10 days -- woo hoo, what fun! You will enjoy whichever one you pick. Best, Betty
Old 12-12-2012, 05:01 PM

Me again! I forgot to add that there is a Yahoo! group on the HQ Sweet Sixteen, but there are alot of us Tiara owners on there too. There is a ton of useful information about both machines, and I find the members to be very friendly and eager to be helpful. Good luck, Betty
Old 12-13-2012, 07:34 PM

Congrat's on whichever one you choose!
Old 12-14-2012, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mom3 View Post
They are the same. Both are made by HQ. So..........

Go for dealer support.

I was hoping to get a couple of people together to make a group order on the SS - that's the only way I could afford one.

Shari
she's absolutely right, both are manufactured in the same plant. Go for the support. I, personally, prefer the Babylock. I've got their sewing/embroidery machine & absolutely love it. My BFF just got the Tiara & found it very easy to use.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:35 AM

I compared the BL Crown Jewel to the HQ Avante and as far as I could tell the only differences were the frame (the Avante had the additional take up bar, which is nice), the name on the machine and the price (the BL was several thousand less).

How exciting for you! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-14-2012, 05:39 AM

Just talked to BFF with the Tiara. She says check pricing on the extension tables that go with them. You definitely need them to quilt bigger quilts (anything above a wallhanging or baby quilt). I've never seen an extension table for the HQ16, but the Tiara has 2 add on extensions available. This could be your deciding factor on which one you get.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
Just talked to BFF with the Tiara. She says check pricing on the extension tables that go with them. You definitely need them to quilt bigger quilts (anything above a wallhanging or baby quilt). I've never seen an extension table for the HQ16, but the Tiara has 2 add on extensions available. This could be your deciding factor on which one you get.
Here's the SS extension table: http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/18...FckWMgod4nYABw

[h=2]Product Description[/h]
  • This optional extension table can retrofit any HQ Sixteen Sit-Down Table or New HQ Sweet Sixteen Table
  • 18 inches wide x 30 inches deep
  • Easy setup on either side or buy two; one for each side
Old 12-14-2012, 06:00 AM

I love my Tiara! I went with dealer support!! It's been a dream!!
Old 12-14-2012, 08:29 AM

That's a tough one, but a happy one. I am guessing that the LQS has both of them in the shop, therefore is the dealer for both, so whichever one you choose, you'll have dealer support. I'd move on to the warranty; which one is best? What about accessories? Whose are more expensive; who's are better; whose got the ones you'll want the most in the future? I would also google some reviews and think about what people have to say, pay careful attention to the complaints to see if there seems to be a common thread. Good luck and let us all know which one you choose!! Merry Christmas.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:04 AM

I have heard wonderful things about both machines so I think you are safe no matter which one you pick.