Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Satin stitch on Janome 6600 >

Satin stitch on Janome 6600

Satin stitch on Janome 6600

Old 10-27-2015, 02:34 AM

Default Satin stitch on Janome 6600

Over the past five years I feel sure that at some point I have used a Satin stitch on my Janome 6600 but if I did I have completely forgotten how I did it. Looking thru the book it has absolutely no mention of a Satin stitch. I have been away for a few months, using a different machine, and I don't know if it is my memory or if I have only used it on my other machine up North. Can anyone help me? What are the settings?

Thank you so much - everyone on this board is always so helpful. Even if I can't do it on this machine at least I'll know to stop looking.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:37 AM

put it on zigzag and use a small stitch length, keep testing until it gets as tight (satin) as you want it
Old 10-27-2015, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by kathy View Post
put it on zigzag and use a small stitch length, keep testing until it gets as tight (satin) as you want it
Thank you, Kathy. I kind of thought that would be the only way. As common as the Satin stitch is you would think they would have it listed in the manual.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:12 AM
Power Poster

When I turn on my Bernina, there are standard setting that are set but you can change the width. Just play with a scrap of fabric. Patrick Lose has been on F&P TV show on PBS and has been demoing how he does his satin stitching.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
When I turn on my Bernina, there are standard setting that are set but you can change the width. Just play with a scrap of fabric. Patrick Lose has been on F&P TV show on PBS and has been demoing how he does his satin stitching.
Interesting, Maniac - I'll have to see if I have a F & P recorded that show that. I record them automatically but rarely sit down and see what was on. Like I said, it's just surprises me that any sewing machine doesn't have it in the manual. Okay, I'm gonna go "play". Thanks!