Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
school house fabrics in Floyd Va >

school house fabrics in Floyd Va

school house fabrics in Floyd Va

Old 10-10-2010, 05:35 AM

Next trip go to Fancy Gap Pottery Outlet which is exit before Hillsville on Interstate 77. Their quilting fabric is 3.99 per yard and lots of notions. Prequilted panel 7.99 each. Not been since May so prices may have changed but is worth the trip. Also have Christmas shop and pottery. Hope this mays it easier on the pocketbook.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Originally Posted by chamby
My DH and I took a day trip today to Va. First we went to Mabry Mills. Then we went on over to Floyd to School house fabrics. They do have a lot of fabric. However, I did not think it was worth my drive. If I go back I will have save up a lot money. There really was not anything under $7 a yard. I am sorry but I am tight with my money. I also look for deals and savings. I did not see any deals. So weekend afte next I will be making a trip to quilting quest which is a lot closer to home.
I just love going up to Mabry Mill when I fly to Virginia. Did they still have the lovely quilt of Mabry Mill on the wall in the gift shop area? It is absolutely beautiful. Hopefully you took the time to eat at the restaurant while you were there. I did the last time and it was delicious. My dad challenged me to make a quilt of Lover's Leap up there on the Blue Ridge Mtn. before he died so I still need to that one of these days.

Sherryl - washington state
Candlequilter
Did not eat there. And yes, I walked around the corner in the gift shop and there was the land scape quilt of the mill. Whoever did this did a great job. I took a pic of it.