Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
SCRAP FABRIC >

SCRAP FABRIC

SCRAP FABRIC

Old 01-03-2010, 12:11 PM

Thanks for the great resource.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Power Poster

Bonnie Hunter is the most generous quilt designers ever! She shares her patterns and ideas freely. She has a great book about recycling and using scraps and a new book out, all about Leaders and Enders. If any quilt/designer deserves to have a quilt book being a top seller it's her. She has a great blog as well as one of the best quilting websites.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Bonnie Hunter is the most generous quilt designers ever! She shares her patterns and ideas freely. She has a great book about recycling and using scraps and a new book out, all about Leaders and Enders. If any quilt/designer deserves to have a quilt book being a top seller it's her. She has a great blog as well as one of the best quilting websites.
DITTOES! <wave>
and, she is an easy read ... her patterns on her website are always accompanied with pictures for each step, so the newest among us can be accomplished is just a short while!
Old 01-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Power Poster

I believe that the concept of a scrappy quilt goes hand in hand with the patchwork style of quilting. You chose more of a whole cloth style for your beginner quilts, which is just a different method.

Just wait, we'll have you cutting up fabric and putting it back together soon. I was looking at your colors, and they would all go great together in a scrappy style.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:25 AM

oh I do love scrappies!!!! they are forgiving and oh so satisfying!! Wonderful all the time and YES, Have fun!!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Power Poster

I make tied comforters with doubled crochet thread in a large eyed needle - used for doll making - I go through from top to bottom at least two times - about every three - four inches - when I get to the end of the thread I go back and cut the thread in between and tie in a double knot. I have given these away and not heard of any of them coming undone.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
You can make a scrap quilt any way you would like it to be. Part of the charm. I am saving pieces from my quilts (vs just sewing) to make a scrap memory quilt. I also use scraps for other projects i.e. cards, pot holders, etc.
I agree.