Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Scrap overload...OMG >

Scrap overload...OMG

Scrap overload...OMG

Old 11-28-2022, 07:19 AM

Default Scrap overload...OMG

What happened? or should I say How did this happen? Alomst every flat surface in my sewing room has one or two containers of scraps. Most are 2.5 squares but I'm afraid to look in the other containers. (what would happen if they got loose, escaped my sewing room, and ran amuk in the house?) Decided to spend most of today making 16 square blocks. Have a coiuple fast and easy block patterns to use them up.

I think these scraps are the route of my lack of organization in my sewing room. That's my theory and sticking to it
Old 11-28-2022, 07:44 AM

Julienm1 -- don't forget to post pictures! Those of us in the Candy group in the quilting board are always looking for new 2.5" square patterns to use. Gotta love those breeding squares in the sewing area and beyond!
Old 11-28-2022, 08:15 AM

https://susies-scraps.com/2016/01/09...t-block-tutor/
This is a link to pattern called Arkansas Crossings. However this block may have other names. Don't be intimadated when it says you need 16 2.5 squares. Really is a fast pattern to work up.
Old 11-28-2022, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
https://susies-scraps.com/2016/01/09...t-block-tutor/
This is a link to pattern called Arkansas Crossings. However this block may have other names. Don't be intimadated when it says you need 16 2.5 squares. Really is a fast pattern to work up.
Thank you for this - I've always wanted to make one and I have lots of 2 1/2" squares!
Old 11-28-2022, 08:41 PM

Thanks for recommending susies-scraps, it's a fun, friendly website and I've bookmarked it for future use. Susie makes working with scraps look like fun!
Old 11-29-2022, 02:17 AM

Susies-scraps is a fun blog. Her quilted flower bowl is super cute.
Old 11-29-2022, 03:40 AM

Julienm1, if you need more ideas for 2.5" squares, wander through the 2022 Birthday Swap thread here on the Quilting Board. There are many pattern suggestions, pictures and links to directions.

Consider joining us for 2023 birthday swap. The sign up for the coming year will be posted after December 1. A good group of virtual friends who all enjoy using 2.5 inch squares. and a good way to enhance your collection of 2.5's while finding new ways to use them up. .

Here are two of my own quilts from this past year that use 2.5's.
Attached Thumbnails 2022-07-03-pink-checkerboard-40x40-donation-400-sq.jpg   2022-01-12-slices-cheddar-resized.jpg  
Old 11-29-2022, 04:14 AM

Wow! Thanks for pointing to Susie's Scraps' blog. It holds a wealth of good info!
Old 11-29-2022, 10:55 AM

Just in case you didn't know, scraps are worse than rabbits when it comes to multiplying. I know from experience they are under control and put away one day, then before you know it there at least twice as many and trying to escape around the room. And like little bunnies, just as hard to give away.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
Just in case you didn't know, scraps are worse than rabbits when it comes to multiplying. I know from experience they are under control and put away one day, then before you know it there at least twice as many and trying to escape around the room. And like little bunnies, just as hard to give away.
OH my gosh isn't that the truth. I've made a bunch of scrap quilts and the scrap bins are not any less full!!!! I guess I do add to them sometimes when I make a non scrap quilt. But still!!!!!