Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Scraps for good

Scraps for good

So like everyone else, I have lots of scraps waiting to be put into projects, used as stuffing, etc.

My mom gives me her back issues of SewNews and I read about Operation Comfort Doll. Every year women all over the country find themselves interrible situations that end with a stay in a domestic abuse shelter. The Comfort Doll Project encourages crafters of all abilities to make special gifts so these women know they’re not alone as they begin to rebuild their lives and start anew.

So I thought, what a great way to use up scraps! My really small ones stuff the doll and my remnants are used for the dress. Instead of just using a single piece of fabric for the dress, I will probably do some small patterns to make up the length and width I need. My goal is to ship a dozen a month since they are really quick to make. Here's the blog link if you want to take a look. comfortdollproject.blogspot.com

Now if I can just finish the dratted Drunkard's Path which is still hanging on my design board!!!!!

What a great thing for you to do.....

going to check this out - thank you! What a thoughtful thing to do.

That sounds like a great project. Do you have a pattern for the doll?

Great group! Checked the website. It seems that you do not have to only use their pattern..just try to stick to sizes that pack and ship better..Will be diggfin thru my patterns this weekend!!

Blog Entries
    I had to check it out and here is what I found; http://www.comfortdollproject.blogspot.com/

What a great project!

Thanks for sharing
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -Confucius

https://picasaweb.google.com/home

The blogspot has the pattern. As Pat mentions, you have a little license with it but the dolls are pretty small and easy to make. I actually have 4 done already that are waiting for their dresses.And THAT is where the fun begins!!!