Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Searching... >

Searching...

Searching...

Old 07-15-2010, 04:30 AM

Is there a way to search for topics on the forum? I thought I had seen a topic about thimbles, but now can't find it...could be it was never there, lol. Anyway, if I want to read about something specfic I just wondered how to search. I do not want to post a question that may have been talked about numberous times in the past. Also, if I go into a catagory...like pictures...where do the older post go? I get a page full, and that is it...surely there are more than that! Hope these questions make sense and someone can help this newbie learn :).
Old 07-15-2010, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by jenna p in ga
Is there a way to search for topics on the forum? I thought I had seen a topic about thimbles, but now can't find it...could be it was never there, lol. Anyway, if I want to read about something specfic I just wondered how to search. I do not want to post a question that may have been talked about numberous times in the past. Also, if I go into a catagory...like pictures...where do the older post go? I get a page full, and that is it...surely there are more than that! Hope these questions make sense and someone can help this newbie learn :).
At the top of the page is a search button, click on that and type in what you are looking for such as thimbles and it will give you a list of topics on them.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:47 AM

[ Also, if I go into a catagory...like pictures...where do the older post go? I get a page full, and that is it...surely there are more than that! Hope these questions make sense and someone can help this newbie learn :).[/quote]

If you have alook at the top right hand side and bottom right hand side of any of the category pages you will see a box that says go to page or just a list of page numbers, you will also see that on posts that have had a lot of replies. Just go back a page or pick which page number you want to go to

Hope this helps
Old 07-15-2010, 05:13 AM

Well, that was easy LOL!!! Thank you so much.

At the top of the page is a search button, click on that and type in what you are looking for such as thimbles and it will give you a list of topics on them.[/quote]
Old 07-15-2010, 05:16 AM

Thanks Woody, guess I just did not notice those, hee hee. Should have looked a bit longer before asking :oops: .
Old 07-15-2010, 05:18 AM

Also, "Bookmark" what you want to come back to!
Old 07-15-2010, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

Also, if you click on search, you can then click advanced search, which gives you the option to refine your search :wink: