Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Secret Quilt Angel >

Secret Quilt Angel

Secret Quilt Angel

Old 04-13-2011, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by miholmes
Okay, I've seen people mentioning this on some of their replies. I got "so and so" thanks to my Quilting Angel.

Is this like a swap? Is there a place I can sign up? I think this sounds like a nice fun idea. Is it like a secret santa thing but all year round?

Details, details please! :)
this is a great board. I am two swaps right now and have gotten great 12 inch blocks. Also, when my wife was diognosed with breat cancer in feburary I sent out a message to ask if anyone had time to make her a chemo comfort quilt for which I was going to pay for and before you know it the "Angels" on this board got to gether and made her a beautiful quilt and to my surprise there was one for me too in the box. Pictures are posted under Robert and Cathy's comfort quilts. People send blocks from all over the world and a great man named Stuart in Flordia put them together and longarmed them. So that's why I call them " Angels". Welcome to the board.
Robert
Old 04-13-2011, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
this is a great board. I am two swaps right now and have gotten great 12 inch blocks. Also, when my wife was diognosed with breat cancer in feburary I sent out a message to ask if anyone had time to make her a chemo comfort quilt for which I was going to pay for and before you know it the "Angels" on this board got to gether and made her a beautiful quilt and to my surprise there was one for me too in the box. Pictures are posted under Robert and Cathy's comfort quilts. People send blocks from all over the world and a great man named Stuart in Flordia put them together and longarmed them. So that's why I call them " Angels". Welcome to the board.
Robert
What a beautiful story. The thing I like most about it is this, even with all of the sad, violent and depressing news we hear everyday. There are still people out there who are generous, with a beautiful heart. They want to help people out and take time out of their own life and troubles to do something meaningful for another person in need....and that really says something positive about the people on this board. :)
Old 04-13-2011, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
Robert
What a beautiful story. The thing I like most about it is this, even with all of the sad, violent and depressing news we hear everyday. There are still people out there who are generous, with a beautiful heart. They want to help people out and take time out of their own life and troubles to do something meaningful for another person in need....and that really says something positive about the people on this board. :)
Hey there Homles,
I saw in your profile you listed theather as one of your hobbies. Are you an actor, behind the scenes, or ? I did worked in the commercial costume houses in the LA area for 18 years............YIKES. Talk about demanding people...........Whoa
Talk care I'll see you on the board.
R
Old 04-13-2011, 09:06 AM

Hey there Homles,
I saw in your profile you listed theather as one of your hobbies. Are you an actor, behind the scenes, or ? I did worked in the commercial costume houses in the LA area for 18 years............YIKES. Talk about demanding people...........Whoa
R[/quote]

I've done local community theatre for YEARS! :) And really love it, here's a little example from when I did The Secret Garden. Now remember this is local community theatre in Iowa. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QWs4d-HBEg
Old 04-13-2011, 12:52 PM

Hey there Homles,
R
I've done local community theatre for YEARS! :) And really love it, here's a little example from when I did The Secret Garden. Now remember this is local community theatre in Iowa. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QWs4d-HBEg[/quote] That was amazing for community theatre. A real Irish Tenor. Great Job. Here are a couple of some of the costumes I made 20 years ago in LA, My Fair Lady was at the Dorothy Chandler Pavillion and the King and I was at the Shrine Auditorium. I'll try and dig out the archives and scan a few more. I did the ascot scene costumes for My Fair Lady and "Miss Leanora" gowns and the Children's costumes for the king and I.

My fair lady at the Dorthy Chandler Liza's Acsot the little white balls on her bodice and arms and around her hat were the balls from the ball fringe you buy at the fabric store.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]183764[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-183756.jpe   attachment-183757.jpe   attachment-183758.jpe  
Old 04-13-2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
Yeah it was a one year long swap that I hosted. I am still twitching over that one. The month to month secret pal swap is a much better idea.
And what a wonderful host you were. It was a lot of fun. I pull something out to use it and get a really great feeling knowing it came from my very own angel Barb.