Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: seeking quilt pattern

seeking quilt pattern

HI

I recently saw a quilt pattern using men's ties. The main portion of the quilt resembled a huge sunburst in the middle (??) made up of individual ties. Does anyone know which quilt I am talking about? I thought I had at least copies a photo of it but now can't locate it. Its probably "lost" on my flashdrive with all the other quitls I will someday find time to make.
    Face the world with a smile...You never know when someone you meet will need one!"

I don't know the specifics - but it sounds like a Dresden Plate quilt - try looking it up that way.

Is this the one you are talking about?
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t190292.html
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    Susan

similar but the ties were connected. I think Otis is correct.... it may have been a large dresen plate only with pointed (wide tie end) ends.
    Face the world with a smile...You never know when someone you meet will need one!"