Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
To sell or not >

To sell or not

To sell or not

Old 12-05-2010, 03:39 AM

another nurse here!
most pharmaceutical companies have assitance programs for medications. ask your doctor to help you there.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:02 AM

I have been selling on e-bay for over 4 years; I make miniature or doll quilts and have done fairly well. Buying and selling runs in cycles but even if you try to sell just ONE item that you have you will find that it is pretty easy. Look on e-bay or etsy for items that you have and see what they are asking; watch an item and see what it finally closes for to give you an idea. You can do the auction style or the buy-it-now. Figure out what your shipping costs are ie - postage, packaging materials and how far to drive to the post office, this will be your shipping fee which the buyer pays. Be sure to list for international; shipping is no problem just a small custom form to fill out which is attached to the package. I know this because I have sold in England, France, Korea, Holland, and Australia. You will need to sign up for a Pay-Pal account to accept funds on e-bay (this is now their requirement) but that is easy and can be used to pay your fees to e-bay and you can easily transfer funds to your bank account when needed.

Taking needed meds is far more important than stashing in the closet items that don't see the light of day. You can always sign your work and that way years from now your name will be remembered.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:20 AM

I would like to get daily e-mails
Old 12-05-2010, 07:46 AM

It's called the" patient assistant program",You fill out forms to see if you qualify.I'm sure you can download the forms right from your computer,and even print them off.You will be dealing with the drug company or companies that makes your meds
Old 12-05-2010, 08:13 AM

Please take your meds.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Originally Posted by TN Donna
My husband , who never says anything, told me today that with all the beautiful STUFF I had made I should start selling it. I have always given it away. I could use the money to buy my medicine but I don't think I should. My medicine is over $2000 for three months but with my husbands ins. I get it all for $200 every three months. I have refused to buy it this time to help with finances and my feet and legs are so swollen they look like elephant legs. How could you ever put a price on a picture you cross stitched of Jesus in the Garden of Gethseneme, or the Last Supper or all the pillow covers I have made and put back in plastic bags in the coat closet? I even have stuff in the cedar chest.
Well, you might as well sell some it and buy your medicine. 'Cause if you don't, you could very well die, and then it will either get thrown in the trash or sold for pennies in a garage sale. They aren't doing you or any one else any good wrapped in plastic in the closet, and they may be very cherished and enjoyed by someone else who isn't crafty.

And for those of you who think I'm being an alarmist, as a Nurse Practitioner and a Critical Care Nurse, if her legs are that swollen, there are serious issues going on.
I agree. Unless you are saving these as gifts for children and grandchildren, sell them and buy your medicine. What a shame it would be for all your lovely work to end up in the yard sale or at Goodwill for a fraction of what you can get for it now. I would also venture to say that the children and grandchildren would much rather have you than the crafts you have made knowing you denied yourself the medicine.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:39 AM
mim

sell what you can. Your health is much more importand than "things" What would your children and friends want with "things" if they had to trade for a healthy you.

Email the manufacturers of all your meds -- I got free samples of a years supply of eye drops -- worth over $1,000 just for asking.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:25 PM

You absolutely need your medicine. I have MS and I cannot go 1 day without mine. It sounds like you have a real talent for needlework. There are people who don't and will pay for quilts and the pillows you make. They will do it because they see the beauty and workmanship.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:19 PM

I'm not a nurse, but I do know
how important your medication is.
Please start taking it again. My
thoughts and prayers are with you.
Hugs, Sharon
Old 12-05-2010, 08:04 PM

My Dad would not take care of himself. He needed to lose 100 lbs. He'd lose about 25 then he'd gain it all back plus some. He would not follow the Dr.'s instructions & exercise. He had triple bypass 18 yrs ago. 6 different angeograhms (sp?) & a heart valve replacement 4 yrs.ago. Yet he still would not follow the Dr.'s instructions! At age 68; in March of 2009 He died. I'm still in mourning.
Please do what ever your Dr.'s instructions are. Take your medication, exercise, eat right, & generally take care of your self. Your DH needs you! Any children you have need you!
You are smarter than my Dad!!!

My prayers are with you!!

I understand how E-Bay can be intimidating but don't let any thing keep you from finding a way to take care of yourself!!!